autosave.PNG (31.99 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
Test:
1. Enabled feature in the FPManager
2. Del all old logs on the flash pro
3. disconnect flash pro from notebook
4. record few logs
5. re-connect flash pro to notebook
6. start FPmanager
7. => nothing will be auto downloaded and renamed automatically.
8. Click Flash Pro button > Tab: Datalogging > logs are stored in the Flash pro and can downloaded manually
pepperdanky

Re: FlashPro Manager 2.4.2 / Autosave datalogs does not work in latest version

Post by pepperdanky »

You have to record using the menu in FPM for it to autosave. I don't think it has ever automatically downloaded datalogs stored on the FP unit.
typer86

Post by typer86 »

Are u sure?
If true, I think this feature is useless because I never use the in-app record feature cause all records stutters.
So it will be helpful if the autosave will be activated if the FP is plugged in. It is very anoying to download all logs and rename it every time and select/confirm evertime the store path...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

pepperdanky wrote:You have to record using the menu in FPM for it to autosave. I don't think it has ever automatically downloaded datalogs stored on the FP unit.
That is correct.
shind3

Post by shind3 »

typer86 wrote:Are u sure?
If true, I think this feature is useless because I never use the in-app record feature cause all records stutters.
So it will be helpful if the autosave will be activated if the FP is plugged in. It is very anoying to download all logs and rename it every time and select/confirm evertime the store path...
Yep, I'm sitting here babysitting a mass datalog transfer this very moment. Car's in the garage, and I have my remote desktoped into my laptop and have to periodically click on 'save'. At least, I was able to find a semi work around but not everyone will. This way I can do other stuff instead of waiting for by the car for the 'save' button to pop up.

I asked about this over a year ago to be fixed.
Gernby

Post by Gernby »

Is your laptop very old? I've recorded over 3.2GB worth of datalogs on my 2 FlashPros, and haven't had felt like it took particularly long to download them from the FlashPro. However, the laptops that I've used over the last few years are fast enough that I can record the datalogs directly through FlashPro Manager without reducing the datalog sample rate. If you close all of the FlashPro windows (tables, display, etc.), and put the laptop in "Perfomance Mode", it should record at about 28 frames per second.
'06 NFR S2000