Cannot save datalog 2.5.9

FlashPro Manager software
dpetro1

Cannot save datalog 2.5.9

Post by dpetro1 »

Hello,

I am having a problem saving my datalog from the flashpro unit.

I connect the flashpro to the PC, open the datalog tab and can see the log. I can download the log into flashpro manager but if I "Save As", the program crashes or gives me an error message saying "memory ran out"

Same error if I try to save as directly from FlashPro unit

All hardware and software should be up to date per the below
I am running Windows XP
flashpro.JPG
flashpro.JPG (80.28 KiB) Viewed 2857 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Cannot save datalog 2.5.9

Post by Spunkster »

IF the datalog was made with a uploaded calibration from an earlier version of software it may be causing an issue. The only thing you can try to do at this point is to delete the datalog create a new one and see if it works correctly.
dpetro1

Post by dpetro1 »

I reinstalled 2.5.9, opened the calibration, loaded to flashpro, reflashed the car. reran the datalog and same issue. screenshot of the error message attached
flashpro error.JPG
flashpro error.JPG (35.1 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
TDM

Post by TDM »

Had same problem. Do NOT upload from laptop into the FP and then from the FP into the car. (Well, not with "update" 2.5.9 anyway) Just have the proper tune on the laptop, the laptop connected to the FP and the FP plugged into the OBD port and upload from the laptop to the ECU. Before you do this, you may way to delete all datalogs and whatever tune is currently loaded in the FP.

This has been a problem ever since I installed 2.5.9. Also, even though I've had no actual upload problems once I figured this out, the upload process from the laptop is still strange. During the upload, about 10 seconds after starting, the progress window freezes and says Not Responding, but then after about 5 seconds, the progress bar continues very rapidly and there is no issue. This happens every single time, so my heart is used to it now.
dpetro1

Post by dpetro1 »

I resolved the issue using a different laptop. Installed 2.5.9 on Windows 10 and the datalog file saved without issue.

@TDM,thanks for the insight. I did not have any issues flashing the calibration using just the FlashPro. Are you saying the on-board datalogging is affected if you flash the cal just from the FP unit?
TDM

Post by TDM »

Yes, sorry for not clarifying. Some or all datalogs would be corrupt if I had uploaded the latest tune from FP to car without laptop.
dpetro1

Post by dpetro1 »

TDM wrote:Yes, sorry for not clarifying. Some or all datalogs would be corrupt if I had uploaded the latest tune from FP to car without laptop.
OK,thank you. Ill give it a go with the laptop.