Reflashing to stock

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
lrblouie

Reflashing to stock

Post by lrblouie »

Hi,

Newbie into the world of ECU flashing! I have a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX 1.5L Turbo. I still need to get my ECU code to confirm compatibility but have a couple questions related to returning to Stock ECU firmware or if the dealer were to do a flash from their perspective during maintenance:

- To be able to do a reflash back to stock, does the FlashPro tool capture the actual ECU firmware configuration (to be used later for reflash to stock)? If so does it store the stock config in one of the two memories in the FlashPro?

- If I take the car to the dealer for service and they update the ECU (perhaps because Honda came up with an update); how does that work in terms that being able to reapply the Hondata map

- For the user community, do you typically reflash back to stock before taking the car in for service? A car geek told me that the ECU keeps track of how many times it has been flashed and that the dealer will be able to tell? Any issues with anyone that has leased a car?

Thank you so much!
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Reflashing to stock

Post by Hondata »

1. If you use 'return to stock' then the ECU is exactly the same as before you reflashed it.
2. Typically we incorporate any running changes to ECU binaries before Honda does.
3. Honda ECUs do not have a reflash counter.
Hondata
lrblouie

Post by lrblouie »

Thank you so much for the quick response.

My ECU code is 37820-5AN-L93 (2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, 1.5L Turbo). Currently it appears FlashPro is not compatible. Is there a process to submit a request? Should I just keep checking the hondata.com site?

Thank you again!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Do you have a FlashPro already?
Hondata
lrblouie

Post by lrblouie »

No, not yet. I was checking compatibility first before the purchase and found my ECU part number was not yet available. Should I go ahead and purchase?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If you purchase a FlashPro and we don't cover that ECU then it might take 2 weeks or so to support the ECU.
Can you check the part number again is 37820-5AN-L93? Is it a California vehicle?
Hondata
lrblouie

Post by lrblouie »

I live in Pennsylvania. It's a 2017 Civic Hatch EX with the 1.5L Turbo and CVT (not the Sport). The car is new and around 3 weeks old.

I just checked again and get - "Sorry, we do not have a FlashPro for ECU part number 37820-5AN-L93".

I'll go a head and purchase the FlashPro in the next day or two and report back here once my order is in.

Thank you so much for your help.
lrblouie

Post by lrblouie »

Hi Hondata - I have submitted an order for the FlashPro:

It's going to Pennsylvania if it helps identify the order. Please let me know if there are any issues supporting my ECU. I'm looking to use the +6 mapping with the Injen SRI (Injen already installed).

Thank you for your help.
seattle

Post by seattle »

Question for Hondata: How often (if ever) does Honda update the stock ECU tune?

If that happens, do you send an email to your customers and update the flash pro manager for that tune so that when we choose the return to stock tune, we aren't left with a different tune?

Thanks
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Not very often, and it usually is within the first few months of a model release.

In the past we have incorporated the changes into a FlashPro release, often before the Honda dealers get the change.
Hondata
seattle

Post by seattle »

Hondata: Would it be possible for you to sell me my stock tune in a Flash Pro manager file so that I can load both my tuned version and stock version in the flashpro, and I can then switch between tunes without having to use the laptop every time I want to go back to stock? It's awesome that you can save 2 tunes in the flashpro, but if flashing back to stock requires the laptop all the time, it's a little disappointing.... Please let me know.... Thanks
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

seattle wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 pm Hondata: Would it be possible for you to sell me my stock tune in a Flash Pro manager file so that I can load both my tuned version and stock version in the flashpro, and I can then switch between tunes without having to use the laptop every time I want to go back to stock? It's awesome that you can save 2 tunes in the flashpro, but if flashing back to stock requires the laptop all the time, it's a little disappointing.... Please let me know.... Thanks
I haven't tested it yet but if you hit return to stock. it will upload the return to stock map into the primary calibration. You can put your tuned map into the secondary calibration. Whenever you do that. Test to see if you can upload the secondary calibration after uploading the return to stock
seattle

Post by seattle »

Thanks, but I don't think that will work, as I read in another thread that the return to stock tune can only be done via the Flashpro manager and your laptop.... :(
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

seattle wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:11 pm Thanks, but I don't think that will work, as I read in another thread that the return to stock tune can only be done via the Flashpro manager and your laptop.... :(
if you dont try then you will never know. it will upload the calibration into the flashpro. so it should let you flash it
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

The method I stated earlier does work without a laptop. I just tested it.

Plug your flashpro in and hit return to stock on the software. It will upload the return to stock calibration on the primary slot. Put the tune in your secondary slot