Out of date message

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
BlueTeg

Out of date message

Post by BlueTeg »

I tried to open my SManager today, to raise the rev limit and I received an "out of date" message upon opening SManager.
SManager would not allow me to alter the calibration.
This was extremely frustrating to find out that I was "locked out" from making the changes that I wanted, 30 minutes before my race, since I did not have internet access.
I understand that the intent of adding this is to make sure that your customer base is working off of the most current version of the software, but this is not a customer friendly way of accomplishing this if we are suddenly "locked out" without any notice.

As someone who does not typically mess around with my ECU calibration, I don't want to have to check in with Smanager every couple months to make sure I'm running the most update to date version so that I can actually use it when I really need it.

It looks like a two or three people had this same complaint last year. Please consider revising this in future updates to the software.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Out of date message

Post by Hondata »

SManager gives a warning. What version do you have?
Hondata
BlueTeg

Post by BlueTeg »

Yesterday morning I was using V2.5.3 (from 24 May 2016). The software did give me a pop up window telling me that software was older than six months and asked me to update it. I didn't have internet access at the time, so the "warning" was not much of a warning since it wouldn't let me modify the calibration I tried to open (or any other calibrations for that matter).

Once I updated to the most current version last night when I got home I was able to work in SManager without any problems.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We've reviewing the way this works and probably will change to a warning message or remove it entirely.
Hondata
boosted crx-r

Post by boosted crx-r »

yes please remove this. I have been locked out of my kpro numerous times. this is extremely frustrating!!!!
shut up and boost it!
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

how does it even know your out of date if you have no internet connection? if Smanager can't ping the update server the message should just not come up.
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
GTMcoupe

Post by GTMcoupe »

As others, I have been caught out by this. I Have not used the car for a couple of months go to an event take the laptop to datalog etc, and get locked out and cannot do anything until I update.

Leave the warning message, but do not lock out the software please. Hondata is better than this, its so intuitive to use.

Neil
Its Small, Its Red, Its Mid engined, It has a B18 fitted, 250hp+per tonne + nitrous
rev hard

Post by rev hard »

Yea very annoying...please remove this
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

We have, but can't travel back in time to do so for earlier versions.
Hondata