FlashPro tune with drop-in K&N

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
ruc13

FlashPro tune with drop-in K&N

Post by ruc13 »

on my 2017 hatch Sport I had been running the 6psi base tune from the Flashpro for about a week, when I added in a K&N drop-in filter. Maybe its my imagination, but I really felt like the performance seemed to drop off. I flashed back to stock now for the past two weeks. I am about to flash it back again with the base 6psi and was wondering if I should do anything differently in consideration of the K&N being in place. There are no other performance mods on my car yet.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: FlashPro tune with drop-in K&N

Post by Spunkster »

Without data such as a dyno plot or datalogs showing the differences in the AFM voltage it is hard to say if there is a change or not.
ruc13

Post by ruc13 »

Please forgive my ignorance, I am a noob when it comes to any kind of tuning. Can you advise what I should look for specifically in the datalogs at stock flash with the K&N in place?
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Changing anything in the intake system can alter the AFM reading, which throws the lambda off. A datalog would show what the fuel trims are and if this is the cause. The other factor, not knowing what the changes are, is that the engine is very sensitive to intake temperature so if hotter air is drawn into the intake it will feel slower.
Hondata
ruc13

Post by ruc13 »

Hondata wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 am Changing anything in the intake system can alter the AFM reading, which throws the lambda off. A datalog would show what the fuel trims are and if this is the cause. The other factor, not knowing what the changes are, is that the engine is very sensitive to intake temperature so if hotter air is drawn into the intake it will feel slower.
Thanks. If I were to collect a datalog and upload it to you, could you take a look and offer any advice?