Idle Relearn with FP tune or stock & AF O2 Sensor & possibly other questions

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
CKnight90

Idle Relearn with FP tune or stock & AF O2 Sensor & possibly other questions

Post by CKnight90 »

I've had my tb relearn issue since I cleaned my tb. A fellow member is helping me with etune. When I did the idle relearn with the stock. It seemed I fixed the symptom of a reset tb that needs to be relearned. But then my cel came on and the issue arose again. So I figured my mods are causing to throw the cel. Which is too lean. From what the fp was telling me it was. Even if I did idle relearn then right away flash or reflash the skunk2 calibration. So what in getting at is once the tune is done. How should I approach the idle relearn? I did take a multimeter to the connections on the tb to make sure they're in spec. Only cels I've gotten are the too lean & Idle higher then normal.

...adding to the tb issue. I noticed while the fp has the car flashed to stock. I can use my foxwell nt510 honda scanner and access a tb test & tb learn reset. When I flash a cal those options go away. Can anyone answer why?

Now to o2 sensor question. How do you know of the oem wb o2 sensor is going bad? Any early signs? Data logs need to be show?

While tuning. Do all the stages of degrees get used? Or they get worked on individually as tune gets dialed in? Noob question imo lol
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Idle Relearn with FP tune or stock & AF O2 Sensor & possibly other questions

Post by Spunkster »

Features of the scan tools may not work when used with a Hondata tuned ECU.

A bad o2 sensor usually begins reading lean.

Not quite sure what you mean by all stages of degrees.
CKnight90

Re: Idle Relearn with FP tune or stock & AF O2 Sensor & possibly other questions

Post by CKnight90 »

When I had my Honda tech friend attach hds. He couldn't find tb settings. At that time i had a basemap loaded. When flashing to stock the indirection Honda scanner can see the settings for the tb.

Should I try relearn with tune cal & go in scanner and reset ecu then try relearn procedure?

I'm a noob when it comes to tuning and vts. But as the rpms get higher the vts angles the cam slowly or directly to 50°?

So my etune. Is close to being done. AF are good.
CKnight90

Post by CKnight90 »

So today I flashed my ecu to stock. Unplugged FP. Plugged in scanner. Cleared ecu. Reset throttle learn. Turned key off. Removed scanner. Plugged in fp. Flashed my calibration. Did idle relearn got it to idle around 800 to 850. But now the af is off. Etune correction hopefully.
CKnight90

Post by CKnight90 »

Issue returned. Going to work on relearn with stock cal tomorrow. Once I get it to 750-850 rpm , I'll flash custom cal. Drive around data logging. Hopefully cel doesn't throw off the learning. I'll update soon.
CKnight90

Post by CKnight90 »

So I'm back at trying to resolve this. I don't have any friends in the city I moved to over a yr ago. Let alone civic 8th then si guys lol. Otherwise I'd try thier parts on mine. My scanner ran the tb tests and says the tb is good. I can. Hear it tb opening a d closing during the test. So now I'm taking the tune. Not touching the tune but stock fans temps, tb openings, and such. Flash to stock. Idle relearn. If idle near 750. Flash tune.

Btw signs of o2 going bad?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Who is etuning this? Have you discussed the issue with them?
CKnight90

Post by CKnight90 »

I haven't had the time. He's just helping me out from time to time. Here's all the I had today...
61817cal.fpdl
(42.25 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Sorry...pc went to sleep for 8 sec..
61817(2).fpdl
(37.13 KiB) Downloaded 196 times