Attempted Flash with FlashPro Issue

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
azokie

Attempted Flash with FlashPro Issue

Post by azokie »

I have a 2017 Civic Sport HB 1.5T. ECU is 5AN-A83 and engine is L15BA. When I attempted a flash to ECU I got about 6 different trouble notices from TPSI problem, ABS problem, ACC problem, CMBS problem and more. Wow. And car would not start. Went back and flashed to stock. Shut everything down, turned on car-not started- and with some added procedures car started and trouble lights disappeared. Has anyone experienced this issue? It is a week end and I will contact Hondata Monday but still interested if this has happened before and the solution. It could be a hardware or software cliche but I have the latest software installed.
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Attempted Flash with FlashPro Issue

Post by Hondata »

It is normal while reflashing for various sub systems to complain about not seeing the ECU anymore. As long as you follow the key off procedure at the end of reflashing then they will go away.
I would unplug the FlashPro, then connect everything again and try relfashing once more. Make sure the reflashing process is normal length (4 minutes or so) and follow the key off / on prompt at the end of reflashing.
If that doesn't work then send support information to hondata from the help menu, preferable with the laptop plugged into the FlashPro, plugged into the vehicle with the ignition on.
Hondata
azokie

Post by azokie »

Thank you. I did as suggested and all worked fine. The trouble lights did come on and stayed on after I restarted the car. I shut the engine off, restarted and the trouble lights were still displaying but drove the car a few miles over 30 mph and the trouble lights shut off. Thanks for the response and help.
I expect the reconnecting and letting the flash work for the duration until you are told to shut off the engine. This should work for anyone else that has the same issue with trouble lights.
Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

After you completed the flash, don't start the engine until you have cycle a complete Ignition off then start it. you might get some errors on the headunit. you can either reset this manually(pull down the menu and click on app info -> clear data) or it will go away eventually