Need a basemap nothing I do seems to help

Calibrations for S-Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)
Benny2p

Need a basemap nothing I do seems to help

Post by Benny2p »

Could someone please help me with a basemap for a b18b.
Purely stock internals, 1000cc Ev1 injectors with .055 offset. Kemso 340LPH fuel pump, eBay 57 trim turbo(m12). Every basemap I try has the car running pegged rich on the aem wideband I have. Any help will be very appreciated, I've already tried adjusting the fuel tables and it does not change the way the car is running at all. Thanks in advance to everyone.
Zperformance

Re: Need a basemap nothing I do seems to help

Post by Zperformance »

Do you mean adjusting from the fuel table and it is not changing anything on the wideband? if so you should take a look at your exhaust before the o2 sensor if you have an exhaust leak! Most of the time, exhaust leak will cause an similar symptom
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Are you sure that you are actually uploading the changes to the ECU?
Benny2p

Post by Benny2p »

Yeah I'm uploading it to the s300, I'll take a look later to see if it is an exhaust leak. Does anyone know what the dead times for the injectors would be?
thewifedoctor

Post by thewifedoctor »

I'm having the same issue with my b18c. I got a fuel system code twice. I have 440 injectors on an N/A and no mater what I do my AEM lambda reads 7.0 on the air/fuel. The ECU has tuned down the fuel by 28-34 percent on its own. What is going on?

I also have this really bad stutter at cruising throttle unless I'm above 4 thou on RPMs.

How can I fix this, I'm getting about 12 MPG!!!!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you will need to get it properly tuned on the dyno for your modifications. Have you discussed these issues with a tuner or your dealer?
forevertrj

Post by forevertrj »

if your running 1000cc injectors, did they not come with a datasheet? call the manufacture and get a datasheet if they have serial numbers on the injectors. Also a big concern with no data sheet is that your fuel rail PSI will effect your injector CC size, I'm running Fuel Injector Clinic 1000cc injectors but at 38psi on the fuel rail they behave like 858cc injectors. From what I can find for 1000cc ev1 Bosch injectors you'll have to set your fuel rail pressure to 43.5psi, keep the car off, use hondata S300 Smanagers software to test outputs to run the fuel pump constantly, while you adjust your set screw on your FPR (fuel pressure regulator) and are looking at the pressure gauge on your fuel rail. You can set dead times manually once the fuel pressure is set to 43.5psi, In smanager change under parameters window->Fuel Injectors->Current Injector size to 1000 and then do a quick select for Injector Dynamics 1000cc this will be a ballpark dead time to work with. Now if you're using your current calibration and have modified fuel tables or other settings like overall trim% just start with a new basetune map and make all the injector changes you need to do in the new Calibration. The new calibration is the fuel values we want to work with so we are going to adjust the dead times until we reach the correct air fuel ratios by adjusting the dead time at whatever voltage your ecu is seeing from the battery. When changing the dead times and your battery is fluctuating between say 13.5v and 14.5volts you'll need to change say 12v,14, and 16 volt dead times to the same value like 1.50. this is to neglect any change in battery fluctuation "for now" just so we can reach a solid idle and the car is warm. "side note" the reason for different voltages and dead times is that when you turn on accessories and use more amperage from your battery the voltage will drop and the injector will open/close slower then with a higher voltage. So you'll need to adjust the dead times to higher values as you turn on like headlights, AC, Fan on max, Rad fan, windshield wipers, Sun roof opening, Sound system thumping a solid tone. well thats all I got in me for info right now start with that and try to figure out the rest of the dead times by getting as close to the next voltage as you can. you can also use math the extrapolate what 12v could be if your only getting down to 12.3v
Let's not make assumptions, please leave as much detail as possible!
Monnoracing

Post by Monnoracing »

Make sure your Map sensor is working. Turn key on click data log and it should read around 0. I see this all the time.