Primary and secondary calibration

Civic 2016+ 1.5 Turbo
MasterGee

Primary and secondary calibration

Post by MasterGee »

Hi @hondata,

I was wondering if it was possible to have the Stock Calibration as the primary calibration in the Flashpro and also have a tuned calibration as the secondary calibration on the flashpro.

Was able to upload the +3psi cal, as my primary. And the +6psi cal as my seconday and then I clicked return ECU to stock and now Primary cal is empty(stock cal i suppose) and the secondary as the +6PSI.

That way I can easily switch from Stock/Tuned by uploading either one.(waiting on that ECO on/off feature)

Will it work?

Thanks for the info!

Cheers!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Primary and secondary calibration

Post by Spunkster »

All you can use is the stock equivalent calibration. The full return to stock is only available form the online menu.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

'Return to stock' is not a calibration, so does not show up in the calibration storage of the FlashPro. You could upload a calibration into the secondary slot and then use 'Return to stock' to load into the primary slot, by my question would be what are you trying to accomplish?
If you want a calibration with lower boost then reduce the numbers in one of the TC max boost tables.
Hondata
seattle

Post by seattle »

What he wants to do is have the stock calibration and the tuned calibration with more power available to be changed between the two without having to use a laptop, and simply connect the flash pro whenever he wants to switch it back to stock, and back to the tuned version (so he can take it into the dealer for service without getting flagged and have his warranty voided). Having to drag out the laptop every time you want to return to stock is not fun.
seattle

You CAN save a "return to stock" calibration on your Flashpro !

Post by seattle »

Hello,

I am a new user and was very frustrated at first, because before I bought my flashpro I had heard that you could save 2 tunes on the flashpro, so naturally I thought you could save the Stock tune, and your high performance tune and switch between the two by simply using the flashpro by itself.

When I got the system, and had it installed, I noticed that nowhere in the instructions did it say anything about how to save your stock tune on the flashpro, and couldn't find any "stock" tunes in the tune folder, and after calling Hondata tech support I was told that you couldn't save the "return to stock" tune, and that you had to use the laptop to do that.... I really didn't want to have to have my laptop with me every time I needed to take my car into the dealer, which requires me to return the ECU to stock.

Thanks much to Hondata forum user Jun43. He pointed out the fact that you can indeed save your "return to stock" tune on your flashpro. You Rock Dude!

For those of you that might be unaware of this functionality, in order to do this simply make sure that your primary slot is clear, and then with your flashpro connected to your laptop, and -NOT- your car, select the "return to stock" function, and it will upload your car's stock tune to your primary slot on your flashpro. One thing to note though is that when you go to check the calibrations saved on your flashpro, the return to stock tune will indeed be there, but it will -NOT- be listed. It will simply be blank.

You can then save your favorite tune for high performance in your secondary slot, and following the instructions from Hondata on how to switch between the Primary and secondary tune, you can go back to stock without having to lug around the laptop everytime.... :) I tried it yesterday and it really does work.

I'm just wondering why Hondata doesn't point this out in any of the instructions ?????

It is a GREAT feature, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would benefit from this, which is why I'm sharing it here.

I hope this post helps others looking for the same thing. This really made my day ! Thanks again Jun43!
ataulmunim

Post by ataulmunim »

I am so sorry for being a noob.. Could somebody tell how can I switch between two calibrations. Eco button perhaps ?

Regards

Ata
seattle

Post by seattle »

You have to flash the ECU if you want to change beteeen your stock tune and the High Performance tune... I've found that the eco button does practically nothing on the CVT with a tune flashed. I believe they might be working on a way to have the tune turned on and back to stock via the eco button on the Si, but so far that's not available yet, and I don't know if it will ever be on the CVT....
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Jun43

Post by Jun43 »

seattle wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 pm You have to flash the ECU if you want to change beteeen your stock tune and the High Performance tune... I've found that the eco button does practically nothing on the CVT with a tune flashed. I believe they might be working on a way to have the tune turned on and back to stock via the eco button on the Si, but so far that's not available yet, and I don't know if it will ever be on the CVT....
The eco button does it suppose to do. It will reduce throttle and boost at partial throttle. At WOT, it's the same as if you were to have it off. If you use the Hondata mode, it will make it run like the factory tune ( partial or WOT) in ECO .

If you have the newest software, you can adjust the TQ limitation(boost) in normal and ECO mode.