07-08 TSX pcm swap into other chassis

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
psycho_vince

07-08 TSX pcm swap into other chassis

Post by psycho_vince »

Hi I am in process of turbocharging a 2007 Element M/T and after pouring over wiring diagrams I've concluded my best option to get this project running will be to use a 07-08 TSX pcm and flashpro. I work at a Honda dealer so I have the ability to attempt to write the Element vin onto the TSX pcm, hopefully making the immobilizer and other functions such as the VSA, A/C, and cruise all still work properly. All wires on the Element chassis for can system and OBD2 port function is identical to 07-08 TSX as well as all major sensors fall in to the same connector cavities on PCM so ideally things should work. My main concern is will the flashpro still accept the Element vin that would be written into the TSX pcm to lock and flash? Thank you for your time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: 07-08 TSX pcm swap into other chassis

Post by Spunkster »

This is unsupported and done at your own risk. This may not work and is not something we have tested.
psycho_vince

Post by psycho_vince »

I was successful at swapping in the A/T TSX PCM and programming the M/T Element vin to it while still retaining the A/T TSX program ID. Immobilizer and all PGMFI parameters seem to be working besides having an F CAN failure with the VSA unit that I am still working on resolving if at all possible. This was all done with the HDS. So now the big question is if I purchase the 07-08 TSX Flashpro will it lock to the current vin and program as normal since the ECU calibration ID is still the TSX one? And as covered before, the TSX A/T ecu can be flashed with the M/T program correct? I have attempted to attach an image of the HDS showing the Element vin with the TSX software calibration ID if that helps any at all. I understand I am doing everything here at my own risk, but I need to come up with a solution as a competitor promised development for the Element ECU and after taking my money has ignored me for two years to expand support for injector sizing and map sensor scaling. Thank you again for any and all help you can offer.
20171007_141415_resized.jpg
20171007_141415_resized.jpg (583.64 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The FlashPro will lock to the ECU. You do need the check the element harness has the WEN pin wiring in order to program it. The 07-08 MT program will go into the AT ECU.
Your problem is going to be the TSX ECU generating error codes for systems that are different in the Element from the TSX. eg VSA, cluster etc
Hondata
psycho_vince

Post by psycho_vince »

Yes the write enable terminal is present on E30, which in my research should be the same cavity as the TSX. The Can H (E11) and CAN L (E24) is also in the same cavities. I believe by writing the VIN to the PCM and programming the immobilizer should be a good test of all 3 terminals functionality. As of now everything seems to be functional besides the ABS/VSA, but the cluster is showing RPM MPH fuel level and temp as needed so cluster communication seems good. I downloaded the flashpro software and it seems to have an option check box for "disable VSA", does this mean that it will ignore the F CAN to the VSA communication entirely thus omitting the malfunction code for the PGMFI system? I am not worried about the ABS/VSA being disabled and throwing a malfunction code, I just dont want to have the CEL on constantly for an FCAN communication error to the VSA module.

Last thing is speed density fueling, Ive seen a few other threads on here about issues with deleting the MAF since they are running AT, can I fully omit the MAF and use an older K series IAT as a replacement for the MAFs internal IAT? Can the IAT be scaled for different sensors if needed? Is there a base calibration for speed density included with the flashpro suite? Or an option to convert a map to SD fueling?

Thank you very much for the help, this has been an excellent experience so far and I'm getting excited for finally finding a reasonable alternate to running an Infinity ems.