Stock+SRI race calibration mileage changes?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
whitebones

Stock+SRI race calibration mileage changes?

Post by whitebones »

Just ordered my flashpro and I've been doing alot of research on the flashpro manager software to make sure I do everything right when I get it.

I have a stock 2010 Si with a DC sports SRI (http://www.dcsports.com/ShortRam/SRI5524_Honda.html) and I'm guessing I'm supposed to use the AEM SRI basemap in either RRB or 'race' calibration. The race calibration uses MAP instead of MAF, which is apparently better, but Im curious as to wether the 'race calibration' has any differences that would make it worse as a daily? I'd like to keep my reliability and good MPGs.

so basically it boils down to 3 questions:

1. Is the AEM SRI map the best basemap for me?
2. RRB or 'Race Calibration' for use as a daily
3. How will my MPGs be affected by these calibrations

PS. I dont plan on getting a professional tune done since all I have is an intake, would a basemap be fine to run permanently?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Stock+SRI race calibration mileage changes?

Post by Hondata »

Do not use the 'race' calibration. Use the calibration for the AEM SRI or Fujita SRI.

Fuel economy will not be affected, but you should check your short and long term trims after driving around for a while to make sure. The problem with intakes is that the AFM can meter differently from the way you assemble it, so if we can make a calibration for one vehicle it may be a little off on a another vehicle. That's why Honda uses keyed connectors and clamps on their intakes.
Hondata
whitebones

Post by whitebones »

Hondata wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:59 am Do not use the 'race' calibration. Use the calibration for the AEM SRI or Fujita SRI.

Fuel economy will not be affected, but you should check your short and long term trims after driving around for a while to make sure. The problem with intakes is that the AFM can meter differently from the way you assemble it, so if we can make a calibration for one vehicle it may be a little off on a another vehicle. That's why Honda uses keyed connectors and clamps on their intakes.
Thank you very much! I appreciate the quick response.
Airpods420

Post by Airpods420 »

i also have a 09 si fa5 and im using race calibration for mine. i have aem cai j35 throttle body and spacer. no other mods. what would you recommend? Thank you!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use the standard calibration, not the 'race' calibration.

Also are you aware the ECU cannot properly control that throttle body?
Hondata
Qyota

Post by Qyota »

New guy is curious - why not use the race (MAP-based) calibration?

In my short testing with an aftermarket intake, the MAF-based calibration was terrible, while the MAP-based tune has been much better in all aspects. What am I missing here? Thanks!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You can tune via MAP in an AFM calibration. The race calibrations are no longer supported and are not designed for use in US vehicles as they interfere with how a few things work.
Qyota

Post by Qyota »

Thank you.

Can I copy over the high and low fuel tables from my race calibration to an AFM calibration? Seems like that would be a time saver.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

No, that will not work as the tables do not use the numbers the same way.
maverick89

Post by maverick89 »

Hondata wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am Use the standard calibration, not the 'race' calibration.

hey i just bought a J37 Trottle body for my FG2 and it works fine is there any unknow danger i should be aware of?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

maverick89 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:53 pm
Hondata wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am Use the standard calibration, not the 'race' calibration.

hey i just bought a J37 Trottle body for my FG2 and it works fine is there any unknow danger i should be aware of?
http://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=18527