Speed Density Calibrations

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Speed Density Calibrations

Post by Spunkster »

It sounds like you may not be uploading the actual file. instead of uploading that way, with the FlashPro connected to the pc, just click the upload arrow. Then take it to the vehicle.
spameggsandrice

Post by spameggsandrice »

I'll give it a try and let you know.
spameggsandrice

Spunkster wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm It sounds like you may not be uploading the actual file. instead of uploading that way, with the FlashPro connected to the pc, just click the upload arrow. Then take it to the vehicle.
So I took my laptop with me this time and picked the same KN V2 SRI calibration, went into calibration and unchecked the AFM box and checked the use speed/density fuel tables. Pic below.
2018-05-23 21_18_39-Hondata FlashPro Manager 3.0.6.0 - untitled_.png
2018-05-23 21_18_39-Hondata FlashPro Manager 3.0.6.0 - untitled_.png (15.07 KiB) Viewed 6542 times
FlashPro to vehicle, laptop to FlashPro. Turned the key 2 clicks and hit the upload arrow
upload arrow.png
upload arrow.png (5.99 KiB) Viewed 6542 times
After it was all done, I turned the key back to start and then 2 clicks to start position.

Started the car and drove. After a little bit it went into limp mode. CEL, VSA, and yellow Triangle light came on.
spameggsandrice

I pulled over when this happened and just flashed the ecu with the standard settings of the original calibration where it uses the AFM. Everything is fine.
spameggsandrice

Any idea why this is happening?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried disabling the P0101 error in the misc. section of the calibration window?
spameggsandrice

Spunkster wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:06 am Have you tried disabling the P0101 error in the misc. section of the calibration window?
I'll give that a try and get back with you. Thanks for the support.
spameggsandrice

Spunkster,

I appreciate all your help. Disabling it worked! Now I can start messing with the fuel at WOT from 6500 to Redline because the A/F ratio is between 16-20.
maximumvette

Post by maximumvette »

shouldn't both AFM ebabled and Use Speed Density be checked to avoid an error code? Thought that is how a hybrid cal is run.
Qyota

Post by Qyota »

Reviving this thread for an answer to @maximumvette's question. Should both "AFM enabled" and "Use speed/density (MAP) fuel tables" be checked on the same calibration, or just one or the other? This isn't clear from the help documentation I've seen.

I'm asking because while my car seems to run great on a "race" calibration, I'd like to try the AFM/MAP hybrid calibration as well.

Thank you!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It is completely up to the tuner.
Qyota

Post by Qyota »

Yes, as the options in the software utilize check-boxes and not radio buttons, that is an obvious statement.

Let me rephrase. What is the difference between checking one (use speed/density fuel tables) and checking both? What, specifically, will be different between the two?

Some of us want to understand what we're doing, and tune our own cars. That is the purpose behind the product you support. Otherwise we'd all just go to dyno tuners and be done with it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

matthewkrueck

Post by matthewkrueck »

Same thing happened to me with the AFM box unchecked and speed destiny checked. Do we need box the AFM and speed density boxes checked?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It all depends on the tuner and how they are tuning and what works best for your setup.