Dyno Dynamics Versus Dynojet

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
blacksi76

Dyno Dynamics Versus Dynojet

Post by blacksi76 »

I had my car tuned on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno , which is the only dyno we have where I am from, But I was told that the Dynojets read much higher numbers, somewhere in the range of 15-20% higher.... Can I get some feedback on this?
cpl racing

Post by cpl racing »

Hi,

Yes we have found approx a 20% difference from DD to Dynojet
Hondata, Jackson Racing, Gruppe M, Dyno Dynamics
blacksi76

wow

Post by blacksi76 »

wow, that is a huge difference, on my last pull my dront wheels had climbed up on top of the top of the front roller on the dyno, would that skew the results as well, nt having the fron wheel in full contact with both rollers??
El Verdugo

Re: wow

Post by El Verdugo »

blacksi76 wrote:wow, that is a huge difference, on my last pull my dront wheels had climbed up on top of the top of the front roller on the dyno, would that skew the results as well, nt having the fron wheel in full contact with both rollers??
If your front wheels climbed on the rollers then that means that you were either making more than 290whp on the Dyno Dynamics or were not strapped in well.
Also I tuned a ITB set up on a Bseries on our DD and then as soon as the client was finished tuning he took it straight to the other dyno which was a DJ and in 15min ride tested on that DJ and the difference was 13% btn the 2 dynos on that same day with the same ambient conditions.

Lastly is rather normal for the car to climb slightly on the rollers on a Dyno Dynamics.
blacksi76

DD

Post by blacksi76 »

well on the last pull of my tuning session on the dyno dynamics dyno, my car made 372.9HP and 360TQ at 17psi and my front wheels were high on the top of the front roller, and the dyno operator did have some problems with my car twisting on the dyno in the few patial pulls we had to abort because my car was twisting so much. Would that skew my HP numbers?? Most of the H22 turbo setups I have seen that made 350-370TQ all were in the rage of 450-550HP on the numbers side of things....any ideas?
panapower

Re: DD

Post by panapower »

blacksi76 wrote:well on the last pull of my tuning session on the dyno dynamics dyno, my car made 372.9HP and 360TQ at 17psi and my front wheels were high on the top of the front roller, and the dyno operator did have some problems with my car twisting on the dyno in the few patial pulls we had to abort because my car was twisting so much. Would that skew my HP numbers?? Most of the H22 turbo setups I have seen that made 350-370TQ all were in the rage of 450-550HP on the numbers side of things....any ideas?
Was the car side strapped? Weight on the rollers is a factor which the DD machine takes into calculation besides other factors to give you a number. If that is affected by a sudden jerk, side to side, then it might have skewed it a bit but not much. did he side strap the car besides the regular strapping that goes over the control arm?
blacksi76

Post by blacksi76 »

yeah he has some side straps over the rear wheels, but the car was having a problem centering itself on the dyno initially, but when watched a video taken of the last run, my front wheels were high on the top of the front roller..
El Verdugo

Post by El Verdugo »

There are some strapping strategies when it comes to strapping high FWD cars on the DD and keeping it steady on the rollers. If your car does not have LSD that makes a bit harder to keep it centered once boost comes into the picture as it will have a tendency to go up and off to the right.

Getting back to the strapping methods, the dyno operator if he is having issues. He should call his dyno rep and he can give him some more pointers on some strapping tips.

One for instance is to lower the psi of the tyres to like 20psi, strap the car in place and then inflate the tyres to the recommended psi for testing.