To: nunoctr

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FD2 Japanese Civic Type R
dbsray

To: nunoctr

Post by dbsray »

Thank you so much for replying my message in my previous thread.

Regarding my question about the ECU showing 95% throttle pedal despite a fully pressed gas pedal, can you please tell me more ?

My tuner asked me if I have pressed the "gas pedal" fully, since the live time data on his laptop showed that I was only pressing 95% of the throttle "pedal". What the tuner refered was throttle pedal, not throttle plate.

Since you mentioned it's normal to have throttle pedal 95% as long as throttle plate is 100% or above, do you mean that the throttle pedal reading should be 95% despite the pedal was indeed pressed fully ? Why not 100% ?

thank you very much.
nunoctr

Re: To: nunoctr

Post by nunoctr »

almost every ctr i have seen datalogs (and i have seen many), including my Fn2 type r, have 100% throtle plate opening and less than 100% at throtle pedal. it's normal, but don't ask me why. Your car is fine.
dbsray

Re: To: nunoctr

Post by dbsray »

Hi nunoctr,

Thanks a lot for your reply and thanks for sharing your experience with me. This is really reassuring. I was quite frustrated before seeing your comments. Now I am much relieved. (the throttle plate reading was 101% when the throttle pedal was 95%)

Cheers,

Raymond