Wanting K-Pro.

Post your non-Hondata questions / problems here.
DJB_74

Wanting K-Pro.

Post by DJB_74 »

Okay, I know I will probably get chewed out for this question but I am new to the whole Honda/Acura world so I wanted to know.
Basically I am either just not understanding or I am missing something simple? My dilemma is this, I have a 2003 RSX "base" w/automatic transmission. I have been told that in order to get K-Pro'd for my auto, that I would need to purchase the ECU for a RSX Type-S because the Auto ECU is "useless" or can not be used?
So I guess I am just trying to figure out two questions:

1) Is the K-Pro able to be used in conjunction with my stock ECU w/ a patch harness as a "piggyback"? Or

2) Is the K-Pro going to REPLACE my factory ECU? If so, then how will the auto transmission function if the K-Pro was for a Type-R manual transmission RSX??

I'm just looking for any clarity on this subject as I am new to this and my plans are to eventually transplant a K24 Fully-built motor in, so I definitely want to start of with the K-Pro and work my way up to an all-motor K24 RSX w/automatic transmission at some point. But want to have the K-pro in with I/H/E with some other basic mods and then the swap to K24 down the road.

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated, and thx to all that contribute.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Wanting K-Pro.

Post by Spunkster »

The K-Pro does not support automatic transmissions.
DJB_74

Re: Wanting K-Pro.

Post by DJB_74 »

Really?
I was informed otherwise? So there is no way of running "duel ECU" setup with a K-Pro and an Automatic ECU? I was just wondering because that's what I was told, was that K-Pro can work with Auto RSX's??

Thx for the reply.

Any other answers are greatly appreciated.