Traction Control help for DC2R

Blulude98

Traction Control help for DC2R

Post by Blulude98 »

Really need some help on Traction Control setting up for stock N/A DC2R with a V3 S300.
I wired up the traction control exactly as instructed using the ELD as a Input Source and have it reading all wheel sensors on the Independent Traction Control software perfectly, there are no errors or red lights flashing ect.
My issue is when i go into 'Traction Control' Tab in Smanager , the car wont rev past 2001 rpm in gear and without, just as the standard setting settings say below:
11.png
11.png (26.32 KiB) Viewed 13452 times
Do i need to alter the Voltage offset and Max Input Voltage settings?
My ELD voltage in Smanager under 'sensors' tab reads 2.46v when car is on idle, is this correct?
Can anyone please tell me what i am doing wrong?
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Traction Control help for DC2R

Post by Hondata »

What you need to do next is to use the Traction Control 'Test Output to ECU' function and check that the ECU is receiving the same voltage as the TC sends. If you need to set offets than your ground path is not correct.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:What you need to do next is to use the Traction Control 'Test Output to ECU' function and check that the ECU is receiving the same voltage as the TC sends. If you need to set offets than your ground path is not correct.
Ok, i have checked ELD wire and it reads 14.72V when the car is idling.
I then set the 'Test Output to ECU' function to:
-1V and it reads 1.04v
-2v and it reads 2.05v
-3v and it reads 3.06v
-4v and it reads 4.08v
I have grounded/powered the TC unit as the instruction manual said 'Power and Ground connected to the ECU power and ground (IGP1 and PG1)'.
I also ran a ground to the thermostat housing and the above figures did not change they were exactly the same.
I am using the latest software for both units:
Traction Control
V1.0.7
SManager
V2.3.2.0
Just by reving the engine, with the car stopped, I get 50 degrees of retard (TC.Retard), Traction Control over slip 29.30 % and traction control rev limit 7 at 2001 rpm this happens with TC switch in any position, even when in OFF position. I cant even run the car at any speed at all.
If i change the voltage offset in Smanager from '0' to '1' the car is able to rev though its rev range BUT there is no traction control.
IMG_8308.PNG
IMG_8308.PNG (434.34 KiB) Viewed 13437 times
What do i do next as i still cannot get his TC unit functioning as it should.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Post your calibrations, Traction control calibration, and a datalog made using Smanager with both USB cables plugged in showing the issue.
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

I have attached both as requested, please help.
Attachments
DC2R TC Calibration.tcc
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
TC ISSUES 06052014.s3d
(285.03 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You have not posted the calibration file for the engine.
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Here you go.
Attachments
DC2R Calibration 07052014.skl
(41.48 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Do not use the stand alone Traction control software. Use only the traction control software built into Smanager. By clicking on Window and then on Traction control. That should update your firmware on the Traction control unit.
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

I deleted both programs on my PC and installed ONLY Smanager and am using only Smanager for TC as you have mentioned and i get the same issue listed above.
I believe its a software issue, i cant see anything wrong with my wiring or calibrations.
What else is left to do??? Please help!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

The problem is that once you use the independent Traction Control software, it will update the firmware to a newer version than SManager expects. That's why we have multiple warnings ('Stand alone version. DO NOT use this with the s300, KPro or FlashPro.' and then 'DO NOT USE THE STANDALONE WITH THE S300, KPRO OR FLASHPRO. Continue and download?') when you download it.

Remove, delete, eradicate, burn, stamp and erase all standalone Traction Control software from your system.

With SManager 2.3.2 what TC firmware version is reported? The use SManager to make a change to the TC configuration and make sure it gets uploaded to the TC unit. Then run through the testing process (test voltage output from TC, check in SManager) and see if it works. If that doesn't work then the TC will have to come back to us.

I'm not sure what sort of warnings I need to stop people using the standalone software.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:The problem is that once you use the independent Traction Control software, it will update the firmware to a newer version than SManager expects. That's why we have multiple warnings ('Stand alone version. DO NOT use this with the s300, KPro or FlashPro.' and then 'DO NOT USE THE STANDALONE WITH THE S300, KPRO OR FLASHPRO. Continue and download?') when you download it.

Remove, delete, eradicate, burn, stamp and erase all standalone Traction Control software from your system.

With SManager 2.3.2 what TC firmware version is reported? The use SManager to make a change to the TC configuration and make sure it gets uploaded to the TC unit. Then run through the testing process (test voltage output from TC, check in SManager) and see if it works. If that doesn't work then the TC will have to come back to us.

I'm not sure what sort of warnings I need to stop people using the standalone software.

I now erased all Hondata software in my PC and reinstalled SMANAGER then did the test voltage output and i got the same reading as the above post and the issue is still there.
I really believe its a software issue as i borrowed and tested another 2 laptops and could NOT connect to TC through SManager, I updated the USB drivers and checked Device Manager and everything was installed but the TC tab did not show up in Smanager. This was the same issue when i originally installed the software that's why i installed the Standalone version and after that i had connection and the TAB appeared in Smanager.
Attached is a screen dump of the software i have for TC in SMANAGER.
SMANAGER_TC.png
SMANAGER_TC.png (66.52 KiB) Viewed 13379 times
In regards to sending the TC unit back to you is it possible to deal with your dealer in Australia (Melbourne) which is REVZONE? Are you able to notify them that i will be dropping it in with them and let me know via PM please.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Blulude98 wrote: TC tab did not show up in Smanager
What do you mean? In the Parameters window or the Traction Control from the Window menu?
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:
Blulude98 wrote: TC tab did not show up in Smanager
What do you mean? In the Parameters window or the Traction Control from the Window menu?
With my second PC, I installed SManager then I opened it while the TC USB cable was plugged in and it did not show up on one of the tabs or on the window menu in SManager.
My second PC shows that all the drivers are installed but TC won't show up in SManager.
This was the exact same issue I had with my first pc, when I originally installed it that's why I then downloaded the standalone version which then made SManager have all the options I was after.
I hope all this makes sense.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

If that is happening, then start by manually installing the USB drivers as per http://www.hondata.com/help/tractioncon ... rivers.htm. At some point it must have been connected correctly, as the screenshot shows the TC window. I just don't want you to have to send back in a functioning unit.
Hondata
Blulude98

Post by Blulude98 »

Hondata wrote:If that is happening, then start by manually installing the USB drivers as per http://www.hondata.com/help/tractioncon ... rivers.htm. At some point it must have been connected correctly, as the screenshot shows the TC window. I just don't want you to have to send back in a functioning unit.
Did all the above and the issue on my first post still exists, the car WONT rev past 2000+rpm when TC control is ticked in 'Parametres'. TC is connected and showing all sensors reading perfectly but a soon as that 'Enable Traction Control' box below is ticked the car wont rev.
11.png
11.png (26.32 KiB) Viewed 13366 times
Im guessing IF the TC was faulty it would have some sort of error message or red lights coming up, but this is NOT happening.
Is there maybe a file you can create and send to me so i can flash this TC unit instead of me returning it?
Please advise on what to do next?