Boost pressure issue/ Flashpro

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2012 Acura RDX
K24MR2

Boost pressure issue/ Flashpro

Post by K24MR2 »

Hello, hoping someone might have some insight into my problem. I'm pretty stumped. This is on a 2007 RDX, 630cc EV14 injectors, DW300 fuel pump, front mount intercooler, CXracing GT2871 turbo, PMAS HPX-E MAF sensor, 2.5" exhaust, no cat. I've been slowly turning up the boost and have just run into a issue that appears to happen at 16.5 psi. Anytime I hit this threshold my injector on time jumps by about 5ms, causing it go way rich. I've attached a datalog, you can see this happening around the 30 second mark. This is right when it shifted to 3rd gear and the boost increased a little. I believe it is happening in other gears as well but not sure I have a datalog of it happening. Factory boost cut is disabled. When it first happened I thought is was some kind of built in safety feature because my load index maxed out at 17psi. I changed that to 20psi and no difference. My injector duty is getting close to maxed out, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't want to upgrade my injectors before I get this issue sorted out. Thanks in advance for any help. -Erik
nov13-6.fpdl
(29.37 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Boost pressure issue/ Flashpro

Post by Spunkster »

Post the calibration as well
K24MR2

Post by K24MR2 »

Here is the calibration. I know there some funny looking things with the fuel trims and the WOT tables, the scaling is off with this aftermarket MAF. That being said, the vehicle runs flawlessly as long as I leave the boost turned down below 16.5 psi. AFRs stay around 11.5 in boost and the timing is fairly conservative. Ignore the crazy knock counts, my downpipe is just barely touching the frame/body, causing noise. I don't believe there is any knock. Plugs look good. Thanks!
pumpgas.fpcal
(16.93 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

This appears to be directly related to the aftermarket MAF. I would recommend using the OEM MAF and see if that resolves all these issues.
K24MR2

Post by K24MR2 »

Thanks for taking a look. I don't think it's MAF related. The maf is reading linearly, and the spikes in injector pulse don't occur at a specific MAF airflow reading. It seems more linked to boost pressure. I was maxed out on the stock sensor, it's in a blow through setup now, 2.5" charge pipe. I could go to a 3" pipe, but I'd rather not.
K24MR2

Post by K24MR2 »

One thing to note, there is some kind of limitation in the AFM setting. It will not let me enter a higher G/S value than 327. This correlates to 4.16 volts, so all the values above 4.16 volts are the same 325 g/s. Shouldn't be an issue as I'm only reading 220 g/s max now at about 15 psi. I don't plan on pushing it much higher.
D-Rob

Post by D-Rob »

K24MR2 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am One thing to note, there is some kind of limitation in the AFM setting. It will not let me enter a higher G/S value than 327. This correlates to 4.16 volts, so all the values above 4.16 volts are the same 325 g/s. Shouldn't be an issue as I'm only reading 220 g/s max now at about 15 psi. I don't plan on pushing it much higher.
327 is the highest value the ECU can recognize.

Do yourself a favor and stick the factory MAF in the car and tune it via speed density.

The rich condition after the shift is a direct result of skewing the MAF scale upward. It's a condition that plagues nearly every RDX with a larger-than-factory MAF housing. Using the factory MAF, in a factory-size housing (around 3" or so), with close to the factory MAF scale fixes this problem.