Can't upload New calibrations

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
JayosFA52007

Can't upload New calibrations

Post by JayosFA52007 »

I was in the middle of upload a new calibration and I idiotically turned the car off. Now, I can't upload and receive this
-The last FlashPro upload failed.
Failure information : Code 0x00 Setup 10 Address
0x000000
Explanation: Engine is running or bad contact from the WEN pin in OBDII connector.-
JayosFA52007

Re: Can't upload New calibrations

Post by JayosFA52007 »

-Serial # FP-SI-US-232601
-Hondata FlashPro Manager 3.5.8.0
-Calibration FG2/FA5, MAP based, Injen CAI, race header, highflo cat, stock catback. I will attach the calib once I'm on a PC. I'm using a Mac.
-no datalog available
-2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan
-Stock ECU
-CAI, race header, and j35 throttle body.
-Can't upload new calibration because during a previous upload, I turned the car off. Doh!!!
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Is your ECU in recovery mode? What ticks & crosses do you see at the bottom left of FlashProManager?
Hondata
JayosFA52007

Post by JayosFA52007 »

Thanks Hondata for replying back. The check marks are all green. I tried to upload a new calibration this morning. The upload starts because I see a green hour glass on the bottom left next to where it says FlashPro, but the upload stops and I receive the same error message.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Use 'send support information' from the help menu with the FlashPro plugged in.
Hondata
JayosFA52007

Post by JayosFA52007 »

Cool thanks. will do.
JayosFA52007

Issue Resolved Re: Can't upload New calibrations

Post by JayosFA52007 »

Many thanks to the Hondata Support Team.
My issue is resolved.
Thanks again.
Jayos07FA5

Post by Jayos07FA5 »

its happened again...
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried what you did the last time to resolve it?
Jayos07FA5

Post by Jayos07FA5 »

sorry, I don't remember what I did to resolve the flashing of the ecu since it's been about two years ago. I recently upgraded to bigger injectors and a 3 inch full race exhaust so she's running a bit rough. I have a new calibration from John at Etunez but I can't seem to flash the ecu. I check the obd2 port from the front and everything looks normal from there. I'm getting power but I stilled checked the number 23 fuse. The fuse looks fine. From what I been reading from other posts, it's possible the wiring from the obd2 port to ecu or vice versa might be suspicious. I will dismantle the interior plastics to get a better look at the obd2 port. Is there a way to check if the Hondata flashpro plug that connects to obd2 is working correctly?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?
JayosFA52007

Post by JayosFA52007 »

Version 3.9.7.0
JayosFA52007

Post by JayosFA52007 »

Build 2772
Jayos07FA5

Post by Jayos07FA5 »

Finally, I flashed the ecu with the new calibration from Etunez by John successfully. Here's the backstory of my car. I recently upgraded the exhaust system with 3 inch from Fullrace. I also increased the fuel injectors from stock 310cc to 1000cc from Injector Dynamic 1050x. Before those upgrades, I had the cold air intake, CAI, from Hybrid Racing and the Skunk2 Alpha header. So I received a base map from John at Etunez and since its been awhile since I flashed the ecu I assumed I did everything correct. However, that was not the case. Thinking the new base map was flashed to the ecu, I tried to drive around the block only to make it just to end of street. I lost acceleration and the car wouldn't start. I had to park and leave the car overnight just three houses from my home. The next day I went to start it and thankfully the car started but was still running really rough. Fortunately, I drove the car back to the house for further inspection. Firstly, I took the spark plugs out and they were black as night. Secondly, the oil was sniff tested and smelled like 93 octane. With the fore-mentioned mishaps, the oil was changed with full synthetic and the old oil filter was replaced with a new OEM oil filter as well as fresh set of NRG laser iridium spark plugs.

So here's the solution... I bought an OBD2 Extension from Amazon. From what I was reading and advice from John my tuner, the connection from the flashpro plug and the obd2 port was not securely connected or contact from both the plug and port were compromised somehow. I would assume from me inserting and pulling out the flashpro numerous times because I don't have a windows laptop and only a windows desktop. I wish there was iOS version for Flashpro Manager, but that's a whole other topic. The OBD2 extension worked as a much better conduit than just plugging the flashpro directly to the OBD2 port. Others say that you can de-pin the OBD2 port and manipulate the pins so the pins on the flashpro plug can fit snugly. However, I didn't want to messed around with the OBD2 port because of the location. On 8th gen civic, the OBD2 port is on located near the center console. I would have to remove the center console and parts of the lower dash to access. So if you ever get this error message:

-The last FlashPro upload failed.
Failure information : Code 0x00 Setup 10 Address
0x000000
Explanation: Engine is running or bad contact from the WEN pin in OBDII connector.-
-----------------------USE A OBD2 EXTENSION--------------------------

In conclusion, the car is finally sounding a lot better from the basemap, but there's always room for improvement. I can finally and anxiously datalog to begin the tuning process with John at Etunez.
Also, I forgot to mention that I replaced the upstream O2 sensor with a brand-spanking new Denso. I don't want to have any delay readings because of a 15 year old faulty sensor since I will be etuning. With all of the basic maintenance properly completed, tuning your car will go smoothly when all the mechanics of the car are up to par or better. Happy tuning fellow Honda enthusiast, until next time........
bysteph

Post by bysteph »

i have the same problem ,where is the wen pin to the ECU ?
i want to put a new wire ,OBD to ECU
can you help me ?