Advise on Knock control

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the FN2 European Civic Type R
Abdel

Advise on Knock control

Post by Abdel »

Hi Members,

I am new to this world, so I have basically upload the FP base map on my fn2. I have only a TSS intake as mod. The problem is I can see knock only on the 3rd cylinder and would like some advise or help how to go on the FPM and get this solved. I have attached the calibration and two datalog.. If someone can please help me . I fitted new spark plug and also check the coil everything ok. I just want to know if I should remove advance or just add some fuel to those cells.

Thanks in advance
Abdel
Attachments
Test 1 basic tune.fpcal
(19.41 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Full data 2.fpdl
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Full data 1.fpdl
(6.7 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Hondata
Site Admin

Re: Advise on Knock control

Post by Hondata »

Graph the datalog and look at where the knock control increases - that is where you want to remove timing.

It seems that under full load 2000-3000 is the worst place so I would remove 2 degrees from that area and then see if the knock control stays lower. If nothing changes then it could be a mechanical noise.
Hondata
Abdel

Post by Abdel »

Hi,

Thanks for your response I will try to do this and see. That's mean basically on the low ignition table only on the cell where the knocks kick in or I should remove from the whole table 2 degrees.

Also I can see on the VTC timing table the maximum is 30.. It should be greater as for the cam to produce max gain or I just leave it like it is?

Regarding the sensitivity low & high table should I also amend some adjustments?

Regards
Abdel
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Only decrease timing where the knock control increases.

To find the best cam advance you need to dyno. It is very dependent on back pressure.

Don't change the knock sensitivity unless nothing else works.
Hondata
Abdel

Post by Abdel »

Thanks for your answer. I decrease by three degrees all the cells where the knock was detected.. Will give it a run and thanks for your assistance.

Regards
Abdel