auto PND ecu Kpro, only for engine swap?

Hondata model coverage & ECU application questions.
fourribs

auto PND ecu Kpro, only for engine swap?

Post by fourribs »

Hello, it's my first time working with Kpro and I'm trying to decide between an auto PND or a manual PND ECU for kpro4. Obviously the auto PND is the cheaper option but on the technical information page it says
This will only work for engine swaps.

I am aware that VSS input needs to be rewired and reverse lockout is not supported.

Is there more information on what makes it engine swap only? is it not a simple plug-and-play solution with a stock wiring harness? Does the auto PND ECU have different pinouts than the other ECUs? All kpro-compatible ECUs share the same pinout right? Does it support wideband O2 like other ECUs?

I have a 2002 Honda stream k20a1 automatic. I plan on swapping in a vtec killer K24a1 and 6 speed manual box, and a Kpro to manage it. I know this is car is pretty rare but the engine and wiring are pretty much the same as an automatic k20a3 RSX. I'm hoping Kpro will be a plug-and-play install with my OE wiring system, but if it needs be, I think I can manage some wiring work since I've wired standalone ECUs before.

thank you
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: auto PND ecu Kpro, only for engine swap?

Post by Spunkster »

There will probably be a lot of other wiring changes that need to be made if you are converting from automatic to a manual.