Can't get my tune down, 09 si usdm

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

jcoul72

Can't get my tune down, 09 si usdm

Post by jcoul72 »

I think my low cam table map indexs are off or something because I can't seem to tune this thing at WOT. Someone please help me. I have a hybrid racing intake, PLM header, and a custom 3 in exhaust w straight through resonator and muffler.
EFICU

Re: Can't get my tune down, 09 si usdm

Post by EFICU »

Can you post a datalog of what you have going now, and the calibration?

Are you tuning it speed density or off the MAF?

Are you looking for help tuning it yourself, or are you looking to have someone tune it for you?
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

I just need to have it tuned. I made some bad changes to the tables last night and my AFRs are everywhere. I cannot post a datalog at this moment but in 30min to an hour I can have you one.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay sounds good. I can help you with it if you'd like. I am curious to see the datalog when you post it. Just keep your driving for now very calm and don't do anything aggressive, the fuel trims should be able to keep it somewhat inline while you're driving normal.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Here it is. Yes i used one of your basemaps lol. I have an aem wideband btw.
Attachments
datalog0000.fpdl
(1020.3 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Also have the stock sensor for reference in the primary bung.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks like you have the wideband wired into the ECU as well? I can see the reading from the wideband, so that is good. Which pin did you wire it into?

In the datalog, you made a very long second gear pull at part throttle, is that something you normally do or were you testing something? You went from 2500-7000 at 30% throttle, did you think you were wide open throttle?

Can you post my file that you adjusted. It appears you also made some cam angle adjustments as well?

How hot was the ambient temperature in this datalog?
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

The wideband is in pin B29. It is about 90 degrees today in Florida. I'm not home rn but I used your recent "annonz" cal. The 2-7k pull was to demonstrate the horrible AFRs
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Another concern is that im not comfortable tuning wide open throttle yet. I believe I'm having trouble finding the proper map pressure for each column. When tuning wide open throttle, should I be in column 8, 9, or 10?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

When you go 30% throttle from 2500-7000 it's not going to command WOT fueling or the 12.8-13.1 we would normally aim for. You are essentially part throttle, so it's going to shoot for a 14.64 AFR. When it hits the high cam at 30% throttle, it's going to command a little richer AFR but not command the 12.8 that we would normally aim for because the ECU knows you're still part throttle. Since you have the wideband input, we would shoot for 13.1 or so to get you the most power. So when you mention "horrible afrs", I think maybe you are unsure how the ECU operates and what AFR you would want at 30% throttle.

If you want it to command 12.8 at part throttle, we can do that, but it wouldn't be ideal and your gas mileage would be terrible, among other things.

Wide open throttle tuning is the most straightforward portion of the tuning. It's all the part throttle trims that take the most time, the WOT fueling is very straightforward. Being in Florida, you would focus on columns 9 and 10 as your primary WOT columns, but I usually include 8 in there to make your fueling good if you ever went to higher elevations.

If you want my help tuning it, I like to tune each cam angle individually which is the proper way to do it. Usually takes about 5-6 files to get all the cam angles dialed, and then we blend out the cam angle map to make it right for your car. The calibration you tried, the guy is almost below sea level so his carried out the power a lot better than normal. So a complete tune for your car would be ideal, especially considering the mods you have, it would run very strong with the proper cam angle mapping.

Anyways, let me know. Also let me know if you really want it to command a 12.8 in the part throttle ranges you feel have horrible fueling. That way I can set it up how you want it. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you feel more comfortable then that works.

If you've made fueling adjustments to my calibration, please post it or email it to me so I can see what you were trying to do. That would also let me see what you put for wideband voltages for the fueling input.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

I do not want 12.8 part throttle haha. I'd love to see a calibration from scratch! I have a set of 1000cc DW injectors laying here. Can I run those? I can throw em in tonight.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

And thank you by the way. You are a life saver man
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, glad you're onboard. As we go through it, you'll understand how it all works a little better and we what we adjust and why.

I would recommend tuning it with the OEM injectors for now, that way we can get it lined out without any issues. Then we can touch it up for the 1000cc injectors. I don't really have any good 1000cc injector basemaps, so if we tune it on the OEM injectors you can throw the 1000's on and we know we have a good start point. 1000s will be overkill for your setup, but if you want to run them we should be able to get it good. Cold start and stuff like that is the main thing to worry about, the rest of it is pretty straightforward. What brand 1000s are they?

Also, I do need the voltages that your wideband recommends so we can use your wideband for the fuel input. Hopefully you got those from your instruction manual that came with the wideband unit.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

My wideband range is as follows .50V = 8.50, 4.50V =
18:00

They are DWs

Also apologies for bad communication. Life is currently stressful 🙃
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It's all good man, if I can help you find something to be excited about in whatever you're going through it makes my day. I have worked with a few guys over the past few months going through stuff that would honestly make me not want to do a damn thing. So, if I can help you get this going and help you through whatever you're going through that makes me happy.

Good deal on the voltages, I added those to the calibration. The DWs should be good. Let's get it dialed with the OEMs, then build a plan for the DWs, if that's okay with you of course.

Here is the first calibration for you. This will be the 0* cam angle with vtec at 5500. We need datalogs that are 20-30 minutes in length, and one WOT pull in third gear from 2500-8600rpms. Only do one WOT pull in this first revision or two while we get it lined out. Being the 0* cam angle, it won't be very exciting to drive, but it's all part of the process and gives us a good base moving forward.

Let me know if you have any questions on anything.
Attachments
Jcoul72.SD.Rev01 (0Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.11 KiB) Downloaded 86 times