Can't get my tune down, 09 si usdm

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

jcoul72

Re: Can't get my tune down, 09 si usdm

Post by jcoul72 »

Yes beginning on the oem injectors will be fine w me. Tbh imma stop right now in this cafe and download the cal 😂

I'll post the datalog when I get home.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Nevermind, laptop died 😂

I'll go home now and do it there
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Life, haha. No matter how long batteries last, we will always test the limits. :)
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Here is the datalog. I tried to capture as many conditions as I could think of on the low cam. Got the third gear pull in there as well.
Attachments
0 cam datalog jcoul72.fpdl
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looked really good for a start. I made some fueling adjustments and added a bit of timing on the low cam ramp to vtec. We'll see how it looks in this next one. This will still be the 0* cam angle, vtec will now be at 3800. Same datalog and driving style, your datalog driving style is great.
Jcoul72.SD.Rev02 (0Cam)(Vtec3800).fpcal
(21.72 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

I'll have that datalog ready for you shortly
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good.
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Just got back home. Tried to do the same here, however it is now night time. I really should invest in a heatshield. Its super humid here as always too.
Attachments
0 cam (rev02) datalog jcoul72.fpdl
(2.45 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good, the driving you do really populates a lot of data which is good. It's probably still warm there, so 102* intake temps aren't too bad. Don't get discouraged though, the 0* cam is a dog. We are moving onto the 15* cam angle now with vtec at 4500, so it should feel a bit stronger. Take this one for the same drive and datalog and we'll see how it looks.
Jcoul72.SD.Rev03 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

I'll have to get this datalog tomorrow as I have opened a beer my good sir. Happy friday my man!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good, have a good one, we'll see how it looks tomorrow. On your drive tomorrow, take this attached file for the drive. I made a few part throttle fuel changes on the high cam.
Jcoul72.SD.Rev03.1 (15Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.65 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

Good morning. Car felt good driving for 20 min. Power is definitely increasing at WOT. I did however notice while driving my wideband controller was displaying 12.5 at about half throttle towards the end. This is what was stumping me when I was tuning it. I guess the ecu considered this as WOT.
Attachments
15 cam (rev03.1) datalog jcoul72.fpdl
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Mornin'. Overall it looks really good. I added a ton of fuel on the high cam and it still wanted more so that is good, means your setup is working really well. You have to be mindful that part throttle in higher gears makes the car run in the WOT columns of the fuel tables. Since we determine WOT based on the MAP sensor reading, whenever the 8-9-10 columns are being utilized it will demand more fuel. I don't know where exactly in the datalog you're referencing the AFR, but looking towards the end you're going half throttle in fourth gear which will generally make the car run on column 9 as it raises the MAP pressure higher, which it did in your datalog, it went to column 9 for fueling and WOT lambda for ECU control to open loop. We can make it not do this if you want, but generally whenever it's seeing those columns we want some fuel in it. I am pretty sure this is what you're referring to. If you want it to not do that, I can change some things to make it not command that fuel.

Here is the next one. Onto the 30* cam angle with vtec at 4500. This one should feel quite a bit stronger, though it might be getting hot in Florida, so we'll see. But the 30* should have good midrange but really pull on the top end. I added some timing too, so that should help get it going and keep pulling.

Same datalog and driving style.
Jcoul72.SD.Rev04 (30Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(22.22 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
jcoul72

Post by jcoul72 »

I'm not sure what the best option would be. Running stoich at 40-50% throttle would seem right, but would those changes make 100% true WOT run lean?

I'm also curious what creates the demand for a "bump" at 5200 on the high cam. Wondering if that's because I still have a MAF plugged in maybe? Should I delete it, or is the difference negligible? Also here's the log:
Attachments
30 cam (rev04) datalog jcoul72.fpdl
(2.82 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The best option is always what the customer wants. When someone has a concept or theory in their mind, I find it very hard to sway them back to general principles. So we can go with your theory on how it should work, I changed the MAP sensor for WOT determination and made it pedal for WOT. Now it will only command WOT fueling and open loop operation when you go above 70% throttle pedal movement. See what you think and if it fits your thought process on how you want everything to act. Just keep in mind, 50% throttle pedal movement doesn't mean the engine isn't seeing WOT conditions due to load. So if you run through third gear at 55% throttle at 7000 rpm the AFR will still be 14.64.

Are you referring to the lean "bump"? It's part of the transition from the low cam to the high cam, and the fact that we're running through each cam to level those out. We copy and paste the 15* cam angle map into the 30* cam angle and I added 8% fuel down low and 5% up top on the high cam, but at 5200, your engine wanted even more. That is the beauty of the vtec operation and how it changes the air and fuel demands.

Your MAF sensor is only supplying intake air temp readings to the ECU now that we are speed density tuned. Do not unplug it for any reason, if so, we will lose all intake temp readings and open up a myriad of issues. If you really want to delete the MAF, an IAT sensor needs to be installed in it's place in the intake tube. There is really no benefit to removing it and putting a temp sensor in, that is mostly done for boosted applications. Leaving it there and plugged in is my advice.

Here is the next one. This will be the 40* cam angle now. It might feel sluggish on the part throttle driving because the 40* cam is too much, but it's all part of the tuning process. On the high cam though it would use a lot of the 40* cam angle due to your mods. It should pick up a lot in the midrange, but might fall of slightly up top.
Jcoul72.SD.Rev05 (40Cam)(Vtec4500)(PedalWOT).fpcal
(22.47 KiB) Downloaded 91 times