Lag of dashboard on can output

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Andron83

Lag of dashboard on can output

Post by Andron83 »

Greetings, I have a Hondata kpro version 4 on ep3 k20a2. The dashboard is connected to the channel outputs - CAN L and H using the Moteс protocol. Also for information - via the bluetooth channel, the Racechrono application receives data from the ECU, instead of the obd2 logger.
In circiut races, with sharp changes of direction or something else on the Dash, the engine speed, the gear number and other data going along the channel freeze. At the same time, the engine continues to work and somehow go, but I can only navigate by sound. At the same time, the rest of the analog signals entered into the Dash work normally - voltmeter, oil pressure, etc.
The check lamp does not light up and after restarting everything disappears. So is the error. Once I managed to connect to the Kmanager while the dashboard hung and see the error - an error due to a temporary loss of signal from the crankshaft sensor. I will now, of course, replace it or try to find out why this is happening. But the error does not seem to be critical, so the check lamp does not light up and the engine does not stall and runs on.

It looks like a freeze signal on the CAN channel from the kpro board. How often does it update the sensor data from the ECU? what could you advise to fix it? May be somebody already met such problems...
Also, when the engine was quickly restarted on the move, the dashboard began to work, but the engine did not run, more than 4 seconds + by the lap time. As if in some kind of safe mode. Is this some kind of protection for Hondata plate or the ECU from such restarts?

Thanks.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Lag of dashboard on can output

Post by Spunkster »

Based on what you have described, there is a wiring issue, or a faulty sensor. You need to resolve that and see if the other issue go away.
Andron83

Post by Andron83 »

Ok, thanks. we as well thinks that its wiring problem
jphan129

Post by jphan129 »

Following up if the OP was ever able to figure out the issue? I have a very similar problem and need some direction.

I've already re-checked wiring and re-done the CAN wiring between KPRO and AIM PDM, but this still happens irradicably.