NEW TO FLASHPRO, 07 CIVIC SI; K&N SRI LOOKING FOR CALIBRATION

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
DaCalviOne

Re: NEW TO FLASHPRO, 07 CIVIC SI; K&N SRI LOOKING FOR CALIBRATION

Post by DaCalviOne »

no worries, i got off work same time so i used same route since it wasn't a problem for the first. opened it a little a few more times, log should be 22 minutes long.i wouldnt mind trying the idle at 850, 1k didn't bother me with the way it was running. lol. i didn't mind the vtec at 4600 either.
Attachments
revision2data.fpdl
(4.84 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That one looked really good. The part throttle fuel is great, I made a few small WOT changes though, but it's very good. Also had a couple knock show up, so I addressed those by pulling a bit of timing where they occurred.

The idle is set at 850 in your files already. I double checked it in your datalogs, are you seeing it as 1000 on your tach? But yeah, it's already at 850 in all the files I've sent you.

Here is the next one.
DaCalviOne.Hybrid.Rev03 (Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.38 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

Ok cool, I was worried knocks showed up but I did give it a little more juice. I will run that tommorow and reply with the log. So far this is turning out great and I can't thank you enough!
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Glad you're happy with it. Yeah feel free to be a little more aggressive with it than you normally would if you want, that way we can check for knock in scenarios you may never put the car in. The knock areas were normal for the most part, just part of the process. It's better to find the knock now so we can address them.
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

Made this one a whole 30 minutes since i had the day off. started near the old route to get the initial WOT in and then went out of area for some stops and such. got on it a little on the way back home, let me know what you think. and no it was 850 i think a cold morning it just took longer than usual to lower when i noticed it. i had to shave off a little beginning because the file was too big
Attachments
revision3editdata.fpdl
(6 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. No knock, WOT fueling was just a touch rich still, so I took some more out for this one. This should be the one, but we'll see. Take it for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.
DaCalviOne.Hybrid.Rev04 (Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.4 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

went out of area again and dealt with five o clock traffic so lots of stop and go. got on it a few times too and should have a WOT. edited from 32 mins to 28. really felt the difference with this one! was also wondering how to engage the launch control (2 step) to try in a safe place.
Attachments
revision4editdata.fpdl
(6.18 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Unfortunately we don't have a clean third gear WOT pull in this one. Still no knock which is good, but we don't have anything to compare our WOT fueling to in this unfortunately. So when you can, make another datalog. No rush, it looks very good, just nit picking the WOT fuel at this point.

Launch control is set to 4500 in the calibration. All you have to do is hold the clutch in all the way to the floor and then push the gas pedal to the floor and it will engage the launch control. You can change it through the steering wheel control as 4500 may not be ideal for your car, depending on your goals with it. I can change it to any rpm you want, so just let me know.
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

used the original route this time for the WOT. should be good. also if i update flashpro manager will that affect this work? I do not plan on using the launch control too often just to see it in action once.
Attachments
revision4data.fpdl
(5.68 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks really good. WOT is still a little rich, but your temps were about 15% warmer. In this next one I made some adjustments to the temp compensations to see if that helps us get inline. No knock, so we're making progress again.

You can update FP manager with no issues to what we're doing. And no problem on launch control, it's always there if you want it.
DaCalviOne.Hybrid.Rev05 (Vtec4600).fpcal
(23.4 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

not sure if its a issue but most those logs are taken when im off work so its like 1030pm so its cooler out, like 71 to 74 degrees, last log was in daytime and it was like 81-83 out
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that is the one downfall to the K&N intake is the filter sits back by the header and draws in some of that hot air. So the intake temps will always be on the warm side. But no, it’s part of the process and why there are compensations for different temps. Most of us live in climates that change drastically throughout the year, so the comps help keep everything inline.
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

got it,heres the next one.
Attachments
revision5.fpdl
(4.95 MiB) Downloaded 57 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yep, that worked out good. The WOT fuel was right on and everything else looked good, including no knock. I still like to make sure they are good over a few days. So if you can make another datalog on Friday, then one over the weekend, that would be great. If those look good then we can call it good to go. Make the datalogs at your leisure, we're just verifying it's good over multiple days and conditions is all.

If you want to give this file a drive you can, I changed the pedal map to my sport pedal map. It just changes the relationship of the pedal to throttle body opening. Most guys like it, but I wait until the end to throw it in there. Everything else is the same as the other file, just the pedal map is changed. And noted by "sport" in the file name.
DaCalviOne.Hybrid.Rev05 (Vtec4600)(Sport).fpcal
(23.6 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
DaCalviOne

Post by DaCalviOne »

i REALLY liked the sport man, the difference between that and the last revision is still noticeable! just did a friday log, ill get around to saturdays at night.
Attachments
revision5sportfridata.fpdl
(5.97 MiB) Downloaded 63 times