Is my car running ok ?

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
EFICU

Re: Is my car running ok ?

Post by EFICU »

The calibrations have compensations for air intake temps and coolant temps. Since we're using the Hondata basemap you had in there, I don't know what they are set at, whatever Hondata built it with. But it would compensate for cooler and warmer temps.

The fueling looked a lot better on this one. We had a few knock still, so I made some changes for that. Take this one for a spin and we will see how it looks.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev04.fpcal
(21.25 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:21 pm The calibrations have compensations for air intake temps and coolant temps. Since we're using the Hondata basemap you had in there, I don't know what they are set at, whatever Hondata built it with. But it would compensate for cooler and warmer temps.

The fueling looked a lot better on this one. We had a few knock still, so I made some changes for that. Take this one for a spin and we will see how it looks.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev04.fpcal
Alright thanks alot
Attachments
datalog0005.fpdl
(7.23 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

I am having some wifi issues tonight for some reason. I've tried downloading this datalog but it keeps failing. I tried a datalog from a few days ago and it won't load either. I will keep trying, or try tomorrow, sorry to keep you hanging.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

its alright
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looked good. Still a few random knocks, try this one when you can and we'll see how it looks.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev05.fpcal
(21.37 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:18 am Overall it looked good. Still a few random knocks, try this one when you can and we'll see how it looks.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev05.fpcal
Idk if this pull was as good as the other one, lmk if you need me to change anything.
Attachments
datalog0006.fpdl
(6.39 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Getting better. I made a few adjustments for this one, we might be there on this one, but we'll see how it looks.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev06.fpcal
(21.36 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:57 pm Getting better. I made a few adjustments for this one, we might be there on this one, but we'll see how it looks.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev06.fpcal
You think the knock will completely go away ? or will there still be some even after a fine tune.
Attachments
datalog0007.fpdl
(6.24 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That is the goal anyways, yes. I am starting to wonder if using the original basemap might have been a bad strategic maneuver and putting you on my stuff might be a better path forward. You basically just want to remove any common knock areas so that there are no trends basically showing the same area. You may get some random ones here and there in the future, but we want to make sure you don't have any areas that consistently knock under normal areas of operation essentially. The areas you are getting knock appear to be happening in similar areas, so we want to remove them. We might end up transitioning you to my stuff, depending on how the next one looks. It might give us more consistency moving forward. We'll see.
Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev07.fpcal
(21.33 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:12 am That is the goal anyways, yes. I am starting to wonder if using the original basemap might have been a bad strategic maneuver and putting you on my stuff might be a better path forward. You basically just want to remove any common knock areas so that there are no trends basically showing the same area. You may get some random ones here and there in the future, but we want to make sure you don't have any areas that consistently knock under normal areas of operation essentially. The areas you are getting knock appear to be happening in similar areas, so we want to remove them. We might end up transitioning you to my stuff, depending on how the next one looks. It might give us more consistency moving forward. We'll see.

Reflash1 Shadowmoon Rev07.fpcal
did two pull just in case the first one was bad
Attachments
datalog0008.fpdl
(6.4 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it just seems to be the same scenario each time. Let me put together a basemap for you to start on and we'll regroup here. I'll get that to you tonight or tomorrow.
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

ok
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, sorry for the delay. Give this one a drive and let's see how it looks and what you think. We may need to make some adjustments to it, but we will see how it goes. Hopefully it's smoother and stronger, and we can get rid of the knock now. Take this one for a 20-30 minute drive with one WOT pull in third gear from 2500-7500.
Shadowmoon.SD.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.34 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
ShadowMoon

Post by ShadowMoon »

EFICU wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:57 am Okay, sorry for the delay. Give this one a drive and let's see how it looks and what you think. We may need to make some adjustments to it, but we will see how it goes. Hopefully it's smoother and stronger, and we can get rid of the knock now. Take this one for a 20-30 minute drive with one WOT pull in third gear from 2500-7500.

Shadowmoon.SD.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
Idk if its just me or what not but this one didnt feel as "smooth" as the previous one. Maybe as we go on it prob will get better ? lmk how well this map does on my car.
Attachments
datalog0009.fpdl
(5.72 MiB) Downloaded 62 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's a bummer it wasn't smoother. It might be that it likes running on the MAF sensor for part throttle. Either way, it looks a lot better and the knock is only happening in one area now. Let's see how this one looks, then we'll go from there. I think we're moving forward which is good, but we might take a slightly different approach depending on your feedback in this one.
Shadowmoon.SD.Rev02 (Blended)(Vtec4400).fpcal
(24.47 KiB) Downloaded 68 times