In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

EFICU

Re: In need for a stock k24a2 base map for a 08 8th gen civic si

Post by EFICU »

So the other guys car happened to be a bad primary o2 sensor after all. I am going to look over the data some more tomorrow to compare it to yours. Then I can make an accurate decision on the sensor or not. So I'll be back with you tomorrow some time.
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Hey, I don't mean to bother you but is there any update on the o2 sensor situation?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah I finally got to look it over some, I think we're okay, but I'll keep an eye on it for this next one. Since you have an intake, I think that's why it's demanding a little more fuel and I think the sensor is working. It also appears you're datalogging through your laptop, is that true? If so, you can still watch everything on your laptop, but if possible we want to datalog through the FlashPro device itself and then post the file from the FlashPro. The FlashPro samples a lot faster than a laptop, which gives us more data.

Here is the next one. This is the 10* cam with vtec at 4500. Take it for another twenty minute datalog with the one WOT pull in third gear.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev03 (10Cam)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(21.25 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Hey, thanks so much. Yeah, I have been using my laptop to record but this time I used the flashpro to record the datalog. I definitely feel its a little more quicker. BTW I noticed a slight smell when I crack VTEC, is that something I should look into? When I get off after the pulls the smell goes away. I think it might just be VTEC working but I would like to hear your opinion.
Attachments
Revise Tune #3 Datalog.fpdl
(5.84 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it will get better as we move up in cam angle. It looks a lot better with being datalogged through the FlashPro, so that works good if you don't mind doing it that way.

Not sure as far as smell. Vtec is controlled by oil pressure, but I wouldn't imagine an oil leak getting worse when the pressure changes. It could be an exhaust leak too, not sure exactly what you're smelling.

Here is the next one, we will move to the 15* cam angle with vtec at 5500 now. I will move vtec up and down over the next few revisions to find our best vtec rpm and to tune fuel for before and after that rpm. Take this one for the same type of datalog and driving style.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev04 (15Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(21.75 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Damn definitely feels a lot more powerful. I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but this is a map for a k24a2? Thank you so much for helping me with this tune honestly you're a blessing.
Attachments
Revise Tune #4 Datalog.fpdl
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it should start to feel a little less strong up top, but the midrange should really come on now. The 10* cam is where it will end up in the higher rpms, for the midrange, it will like the next few cam angles. That's why when we blend out the tables, it will command the most powerful cam angle map based on rpm.

As far as the calibration being a K24a2 version, depends on how technical you want to get. In the truest form, no it's not because the 8th gen Civic Si never came with a K24a2 so it's impossible to put a TSX calibration into your ECU. So we use an 8th gen calibration in and make adjustments to suit a K24a2 engine. It's really the same general concept, but you cannot physically upload a TSX calibration to an 8th gen ECU as it won't accept the code. Same thing if you tried to put an 8th gen calibration into a TSX ECU, it simply won't accept it.

It's looking really good. We will now do one on the 15* cam angle with vtec at 4000. For this one, you can make a quick 10 minute datalog if you'd like, all we really need is a clean third gear pull like you've been doing.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev05 (15Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Wow, I can feel the tune getting smoother and smoother. Great to hear that the car is performing well and thank you for explaining the process.
Attachments
Revise Tune #5 Datalog.fpdl
(2.4 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's good, yeah as we fine tune things it should get better. That and the cam angle being right really helps, you've sort of felt the range of each cam angle now so you know how they act. Your car is super consistent which is nice. And the o2 sensor is working fine too.

You're welcome. It's your car, you deserve to know what we're doing and why.

We will now move to the 20* cam angle, with vtec at 5500. We have this one, and three more of the cam angle locked versions, then we get to blend everything out. You can make ten minute datalogs for these next four, the main this is the clean third gear WOT pull in the datalog. If you want to make twenty minute datalogs you can, just saying if you want to shoot for ten minutes with a clean third gear WOT pull that's all we really need.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev06 (20Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(22.35 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

You are absolutely making magic happen. I definitely feel the power in the mid-range.
Attachments
Revise Tune #6 Datalog.fpdl
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Just sittin' over here in my purple cloak waving the wand. Haha.

That one looked great. Same thing with this one, just need a third gear WOT pull really.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev07 (20Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.49 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

Haha honestly though, the tune is coming along great. She's pulling beautifully and I can't wait to see her when she's done. BTW that smell that I told you about earlier has been going away each tune and now its basically gone, I'm not sure if that means anything but I'm definitely thankful.
Attachments
Revise Tune #7 Datalog.fpdl
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

That's great. Yeah the smell is an interesting one. Most guys are usually surprised when they first put a race header on because you get a raw exhaust smell when you roll to a stop, but on vtec is a little different. It might have had something on the exhaust too, who knows. Just look it over to make sure you don't have anything leaking.

Here is the next one. This is the 25* cam angle with vtec at 5500. I'll start working on the final calibration awaiting these next two datalogs. So shoot for ten minutes with a clean third gear pull on this one.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev08 (25Cam)(Vtec5500).fpcal
(22.39 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Sir_Dartillian

Post by Sir_Dartillian »

On the first WOT pull at the very end, there was a hump on the road so I did a second one and it felt a lot smoother. She picks up pretty quick for a daily, I hope I can gap an FRS with this haha. Let me know how this log is.
Attachments
Revise Tune #8 Datalog.fpdl
(2.99 MiB) Downloaded 70 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Looks good, all we need for this next one is a clean third gear WOT pull.

I would imagine you can take an FRS. I don't know a whole lot about them or seen videos of them racing 8th and 9th gens. But I think you would have it.
Sir_Dartillian.SD.Rev09 (25Cam)(Vtec4000).fpcal
(22.47 KiB) Downloaded 85 times