Flash pro HB CAI, skunk2 header, MF cat back exhaust, map

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
EFICU

Re: Flash pro HB CAI, skunk2 header, MF cat back exhaust, map

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks great for a start. In stock form, it won't increase the power too much because the header and hybrid intake will really open things up. With the stock intake and cat pipe, we might get a little more power from these initial calibrations but it should feel a lot smoother.

So I only needed to make a couple 2% changes to the MAF scale, other than that it looked great. On the next drive, for your third gear WOT pull, try to go from 2500-8600 and push the pedal all the way to the floor. Your pedal was only going about 50-60% on these, so see if you can find a safe place somewhere near you to make those pulls so we can work on the WOT fuel. It's all very close though, we'll see how the next one looks.
izz.Hybrid.Rev02 (Blended).fpcal
(23.23 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
izz

Post by izz »

ok I get back to you
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. I will be away from my computer for a few hours. It's plenty safe to drive tonight wherever you go. So don't feel like you have to tip toe with it.
izz

Post by izz »

I did about three WOT pulls the first two i didnt get em right hope the third one is good,
izz

Post by izz »

datalog0001.fpdl
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

It looks really good. I made a couple small changes for fueling and for the knock we had. This one should be really good, take it for a drive when you can, and be sure to get a clean third gear WOT pull just like that last one.
izz.Hybrid.Rev03 (Blended).fpcal
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
izz

Post by izz »

I will upload it right now but I will send you the datalog tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help! I get back to you tomorrow.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Talk to your tomorrow.
izz

Post by izz »

Good mornig! I just went out for a drive to datalog on the last calibration. I was reading on the last thread where this person talks about the fuel, I told you I use supreme or premium fuel and I though it was 93 octane, well I went to fill up yesterday before my second datalog and noticed is not 93 but 92 instead. I though supreme or premium fuel was set as 93 octane I gyess not something new. I usually pump gas from chevron and always used the premium or supreme fuel, with that been said heres the third datalog.
Attachments
datalog0002.fpdl
(4.61 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Hi Izz,

Yeah that one looked great, the little knock had in the last datalog is now gone, so I think we're looking good there. Yeah 92 and 93 will be very similar, so that's good. I still try to be fairly conservative on timing anyways just to keep you guys safe. Just be thankful you don't have 91 like some of us, haha. As long as you're doing at least 91 or higher you should be just fine, I don't run you guys on the ragged edge.

Anyways, we might be there for this combination. Take this one for a spin and we'll see how it goes. If it stays knock free, then it's good for now until you add your parts. Take it for a spin when you can.
izz.Hybrid.Rev04 (Blended).fpcal
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
izz

Post by izz »

Hello, just got back from trying the last calibration and car feels great, I did two pulls on third the first one had a bit trouble getting in to fourth and the second one is a bit smoother, I just upgraded the shifter so Im getting use to it still. Heres the datalog.
Attachments
datalog0003.fpdl
(4.46 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

This one looks great. The fuel stuff is pretty much there, we had a few knock so I made some adjustments for that. So we'll see how this one looks when you have time.
izz.Hybrid.Rev05 (Blended).fpcal
(23.26 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
izz

Post by izz »

Is getting closer and closer... nice! just got back from datalog, I dont know if is 20 but should be close.
Attachments
datalog0004.fpdl
(3.91 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Okay, it looks really good. I think you're good to go for now. Keep me in the loop when you plan to install the header and Hybrid intake. Be sure to let me know before you install the intake so I can send you the first file. You'll need to upload that file before you start it with the new intake.
izz

Post by izz »

Thank you very much! I am planning on putting the intake sometime monday or tuesday. the parts that I need for the header the honda dealer will have them towards the end of the week. Do you want to send me the file for the HB cai so i have ready? or should i just wait till i install the headers as well?