Hybrid Racing cai tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

06si

Hybrid Racing cai tune

Post by 06si »

I just recently got my hybrid racing cold air intake and saw where I needed a MAP tune instead of a just a basemap that hondata already features. I’m planning on installing the intake in a couple hours from now and just want some assisting getting a proper tune dialed in so I can get the most out of it without having to run a race cal for more than I want to lol.

The only mod I have installed aside from the intake is a full Race exhaust with a stock header (header will be a future mod). If any other info is needed before a tune is sent my way just ask!
EFICU

Re: Hybrid Racing cai tune

Post by EFICU »

Okay here is the first file. Since you plan to install a header in the near future, we'll do a shorter route tune to get it going and safe so you can have some fun with it. Once you add the header, we can go in and do a complete thorough tune. The short route is just as safe, it's just a quicker route to tuning it.

So load this before you start the car with the HR intake. Then take it for a drive, for the datalogs, we need them to be in the twenty minute range with as much stop and go driving as possible. On the drive, we need one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-8600.
06si.SD.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4600).fpcal
(22.93 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
06si

Post by 06si »

Did not expect that quick of an answer lol, thanks! Yes i will try to get a datalog tonight once it is installed. I do need some help on how to actually start a datalog though so whenever you get the chance to explain that that would be great.

I'm on the east coast btw. Forgot to mention that.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Datalogging is super easy. With the FlashPro plugged into the OBDII port, you simply push the "Datalog" button on the FlashPro and the light will start to flash. Take your drive of twenty minutes, throw in the third gear WOT pull somewhere, then press the datalog button to stop the datalog. Then watch this video on how to upload and save the datalog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyLKSx6Te8
06si

Post by 06si »

Thanks for the link. I’ll watch it when I get done with the install so I know what I’m doing with it. Should have the first datalog for you sometime this evening.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. Just be sure to upload the calibration at least before the first start.
06si

Post by 06si »

All done, made sure to load the calibration while I was putting the bumper back on. I didn’t look much into it yet but once I turned it over I noticed the gas gauge was off (I think lol) but I wonder if that was just because I was on an incline and on a jack as well. When I get in it tonight to drive I’ll check the oil life to make sure I did infact load your tune. I originally had the race calibration on the flashpro ready but once I saw your reply I thought I had put yours on instead. Anyways if I do have the race calibration loaded I will put yours on right when I get home and take it out for the first datalog.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah double check because the race calibrations throw off the fuel gauge slightly and you lose the oil life monitor. Race calibrations were great a decade ago, we don't need them anymore (as you already know). Definitely double check mine is in there before you takeoff for a drive. I'll know in the datalog whether it has the right calibration or not, but for your sake of time and with gas prices you don't need to make more datalogs unless you have too. Haha
06si

Post by 06si »

I definitely will, will I know if it’s the right tune just by the monitor alone? I don’t have the best internet where I am at at the moment so my computer might be a little slow because of it so loading the right tune might not be possible until later this evening. I’m only about a 20 min drive from my house, would it be alright to drive that long if it was the wrong tune? Don’t wanna mess up anything over a silly mistake lol.

You’re not kidding about the gas prices.. better do it now before it gets any worse haha
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No not really, you wouldn't know. You'll be fine even on a race map, just don't do any WOT pulls or anything. Just drive normal.

No big deal, we'll get it worked out. You're trying your best to do the right thing. Datalog the drive home so we can look at it either way.
06si

Post by 06si »

Got it. The datalog I send you when I get home will be all highway since it’s just to see what tune I’ve got. Whenever you find out what tune it is I’ll go right back out for a proper log to get it officially started.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good.
06si

Post by 06si »

Let me know if this is what you needed. Like I said I dont know how all of this works exactly lol.
Attachments
datalog1FlashPro.fpdl
(2.58 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good for a start. Go ahead and take it back out when you can with stop and go type driving, and throw in on WOT pull in third gear from 2500-8600.
06si

Post by 06si »

Hopefully this is what you need I did as much stop and go as I could with it being late and barely any traffic. The first pull was about 8 minutes in and I did another short pull not long after (sounded too good not to lol). I cut it off while I was still driving since I didnt want the file to be too large.
Attachments
datalog2.0FlashPro.fpdl
(4.74 MiB) Downloaded 85 times