Switching from ktuner

FlashPro Manager software
Hondata
Site Admin

Switching from ktuner

Post by Hondata »

If your vehicle has been reflashed using Ktuner and you are switching to FlashPro, it is absolutely imperative that you reflash the ECU back to stock using the Ktuner before locking the FlashPro to the ECU.

The reason is that Ktuner uses the same binary in an entire generation of vehicles. eg a 2018 binary in all vehicles 2018-2021. When you go to use FlashPro it will see a calibration ID that does not match the binary. This causes problems as is not possible to determine what the vehicle/ECU actually is.

We actually recommend that people reflash back stock twice using the Ktuner.
Hondata
austin.hariri

Re: Switching from ktuner

Post by austin.hariri »

I was working on making this switch today for my FK8, very excited to be switching to Hondata. Used my Ktuner to flash the ECU back to stock, no issues. But when I plug in my Hondata, it says my ECU isn't jailbroken. Saw several posts on CivicX saying the ECU jailbreaks were compatible between Ktuner and Hondata, but is this not the case? Obviously the Ktuner was able to flash my ECU over OBDII so doesn't seem like there should be an issue.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

With everything plugged in and the ignition in the on position, go to the Help menu and click on “send feedback”. Include a detailed description of the issue.

Post the FlashPro serial number here.
austin.hariri

Post by austin.hariri »

Feedback sent in FlashPro Manager.

Serial number is FP-CTR-US-353334

Thanks!