help with my daily 08 si

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
DaddyLolo

help with my daily 08 si

Post by DaddyLolo »

i just picked up flashpro cause i was having issues with my intake and exhaust system. the car kept bogging. yesterday i was reading up on different topics on here trying to find someone with my intake and maybe they had something i can try. no luck. so i read just to try something close to what i have so i did and huge difference. just hoping someone could help me out with just getting it right just for a daily car not looking to race just want the power when needed.
willing to pay some one for their time if need be.

stock motor
password jdm carbonfiber intake
exhaust system im not 100 percent cause i never touched but i was told it was skunk 2
has test pipe no cat

thats it like i said not looking to be building it up for racing just want something fun to drive

first time here so im not sure how this works but i seen this community really helps each other out

i read somewhere that i needed 20 mins of driving and doing a WOT on 3rd gear to 8k rpm

calibration im running right now is FG2/FA5, AEM SRI, race header, highflow cat, stock catback.
Attachments
seconddrive.fpdl
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
firstdrive.fpdl
(3.16 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
EFICU

Re: help with my daily 08 si

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looks just fine. If you're happy with how it drives, I don't really see much to change.You'd be splitting hairs to clean up that calibration based on the datalogs.
DaddyLolo

Post by DaddyLolo »

And you were the main person I was reading up on haha
Thank you for the reply. I’m not doing any mods to it. So I will leave it as is.

I have a question about the vtec can I lower it to 4,500 rpm would that change anything? That’s the only one I’m thinking of changing
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

You can lower vtec to 4500 if you want, it won't hurt anything really. The cam angle mapping is a little different at those rpms, but it wouldn't be something you would feel I don't think. We obviously don't know if the cam angle mapping is ideal anyways since it hasn't gone through the tuning process. But as far as causing problems, I don't think you will notice anything.

If you want to go in and do a complete tune on it let me know. As I mentioned in the previous post, if you're happy with how it drives that's all that matters. But if you want to go in and tune like you've been reading from my posts let me know. It would take around 10-12 revisions to go in and do it properly based on what your car likes.