Skunk2 CAI and FlashPro

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
Joshua97

Skunk2 CAI and FlashPro

Post by Joshua97 »

Hey guys I own a 13' Civic Si and I recently installed a Skunk2 CAI. My check engine light came on for what I'm assuming is the MAF sensor because of the increase in piping for the intake. I just gotnFlashPro yesterday and I'm very new to tuning so I don't know what I'm really doing. I'm hoping someone can help me with a tune or basemap to get my MAF sensor reading correctly so I don't cause any issues to my vehicle. Thank you!
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Skunk2 CAI and FlashPro

Post by Spunkster »

Step 1 you need to datalog and check to see what the error code actually is.
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

I had it read just now at a shop and it's definitely because of the MAF sensor.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

The Skunk 2 intake and any 3.5" intakes need to be tuned via speed density instead of the MAF sensor because the MAF can no longer get a proper reading. That is most likely where your issue is coming from. You need to get a speed density calibration loaded into the ECU and then datalog from there.

Let me know if you need some help with it.
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

Ok cool. Does FlashPro come with any that I can upload to my ECU or will I have to do some testing and actually change specific values? Sorry I'm still very new and learning as much as I can.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

There is one, but I have one that would be a little closer for your setup. You would load it, then make a datalog of you driving around town for twenty minutes, and you would make one wide open throttle (WOT) pull in third gear from 2500-7500. Then I can make some adjustments based on that, and it might take a couple revisions to get it all dialed.

It's up to you though, if you'd rather try the Hondata basemap I can show you that one. Otherwise, I can send you my basemap and test that one out. Let me know.
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

I would rather do what you have. I've seen you posting on the forums and you sound like you know what you're doing and I'd rather have a tune that's more suited to my car than just a basemap. I'm at work until later so I won't be able to upload it until then but if you send it my way I'll gladly get you the data logs tonight if that works?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah that works. While you're still driving on the stock calibration, take it easy with no aggressive driving. Chances are the fuel stuff is way off if it's throwing an engine code. So once you get home, load this one up and then take it for a drive when you can. Shoot for twenty minutes in length with one WOT pull from 2500-7500.
Joshua97.SD.Rev01 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

I uploaded and flashed my ECU and now my car won't turn over and when I plug the FlashPro into my PC it gives me an error saying that my ECU stopped responding during flashing. Any suggestions?
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Did the upload fail, or did the status bar go all the way to the right and say upload successful?

Try to upload the calibration again, and let it run until it says upload successful, don't turn the key off for any reason during the upload.
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

No it was because i wasn't using my laptop and just sending through the FlashPro smh. It worked now so I'm gonna go take it for a drive and send you data. Sorry for the false alarm there lol.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Gotcha, sounds good.

Here is a video on datalogging to answer your PM if you're still curious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMyLKSx6Te8
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

Cool I was actually going to ask about that. I have my Datalog attached for you here.
Datalog1FlashProJoshua97.fpdl
(5.2 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks good for a start. Boy you are up in the sky where you live aren't you? Where are you at roughly and how high are you there?

Anyways, here is the next one for you. I made some fuel changes based on that last datalog. It looks like your prior issue is gone now that it's been tuned speed density, so that's good, hopefully it drover better. Take this one for the same type of drive and datalog when you can, the driving style and everything in that last datalog was great.
Joshua97.SD.Rev02.1 (Blended)(Vtec4500).fpcal
(24.11 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Joshua97

Post by Joshua97 »

Yeah lol, I'm in Colorado and I live about 6,000 feet above sea level.

It drove a lot better than before so thank you. Ok I'll take it for a drive here in a little and upload when I get done. Thanks!