Brand new kswap PLEASE HELP

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
P1500

Brand new kswap PLEASE HELP

Post by P1500 »

I have finally finished my almost stock k24a1 swap but the person who was supposed to tune it kinda screwed me so now I am attempting to do a drivable tune myself, or get an e tune. All I’m looking for is a safe tune to drive on. It’s a k24a1 from an early (‘04) crv, rsx intake and tb, 650cc injectors, on kpro4. I seem to be having a problem with my o2 sensor not reading at all at the moment. Any tips/help/insight would be greatly appreciated, I can provide data logs and any other info needed.
CalibratEd

Re: Brand new kswap PLEASE HELP

Post by CalibratEd »

P1500 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:47 am I have finally finished my almost stock k24a1 swap but the person who was supposed to tune it kinda screwed me so now I am attempting to do a drivable tune myself, or get an e tune. All I’m looking for is a safe tune to drive on. It’s a k24a1 from an early (‘04) crv, rsx intake and tb, 650cc injectors, on kpro4. I seem to be having a problem with my o2 sensor not reading at all at the moment. Any tips/help/insight would be greatly appreciated, I can provide data logs and any other info needed.
I can assist in providing you with a full ETune or get you running well enough to get you to a tuner. Let me know which option you would like. To be better assisted by me or anyone else on the forum. Post the current calibration file and datalogs.

-Ed
P1500

Post by P1500 »

Attached is my current calibration and a datalog from idling, It wants to bounce up and down in rpm's but when I got the car back it was running at 19 afr. I have figured out how to calibrate my plx wideband and I have been able to get the afr lower. I also have an IAAV delete and an IACV delete in the mail, I believe those to be the issues with the idle. I'm running no A/C, and no power steering. I also mistyped my injector size, they are 550cc grams standard injectors. I won't be able to upload or provide any more datalogs until the 13th but I should have both deletes by then.
Attachments
MEdit_Idle_5.1.kdl
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
Tune_Mitchell_5.1_EDIT.kal
(164.22 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

P1500 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:01 am Attached is my current calibration and a datalog from idling, It wants to bounce up and down in rpm's but when I got the car back it was running at 19 afr. I have figured out how to calibrate my plx wideband and I have been able to get the afr lower. I also have an IAAV delete and an IACV delete in the mail, I believe those to be the issues with the idle. I'm running no A/C, and no power steering. I also mistyped my injector size, they are 550cc grams standard injectors. I won't be able to upload or provide any more datalogs until the 13th but I should have both deletes by then.
Double check that you do not have any vacuum leaks before you adjust the tune. You will be chasing your tail with the tune if you have a mechanical issue. Also, double check that your vehicle speed sensor is working.

-Ed
P1500

Post by P1500 »

I am using a gps speedometer for this swap, and a Miata transmission since it’s rwd. Does hondata absolutely need to have the speed sensor? A vacuum leak sounds plausible and that’s why I’m figuring it to be the iacv or iaav
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

P1500 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:35 am I am using a gps speedometer for this swap, and a Miata transmission since it’s rwd. Does hondata absolutely need to have the speed sensor? A vacuum leak sounds plausible and that’s why I’m figuring it to be the iacv or iaav
It is recommended by Hondata to run a VSS but you can runt the car without it. You will loose the ability to use launch control and per gear fuel and ignition compensation. I tuned a K swapped Datsun with no VSS without any issues.

-Ed