'Dear EFICU'

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

eskonanu

Re: 'Dear EFICU'

Post by eskonanu »

I will load up this cal and get a 20+ min ride with a full 3rd gear pull, and will upload the log this afternoon! I probably won't do anything with the exhaust until I can afford to do the whole thing the right way. The way it is now, nobody want's to touch it, and I don't blame them.

Thanks in advance!
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

CalibratEd wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 1:28 pm
EFICU wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:53 am
CalibratEd wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:32 pm
Yea that is true there are worse things in life. I have had several interesting cars. It’s seems the k series is the new GM LS engine. People I putting them in all kinds of cars.

-Ed
Yeah it only took a decade or two for those guys to figure it out too which is funny. I keep seeing the videos pop up of the guy on YouTube with a vintage (ish) Ferrari with a K-Series in it. I bet Ferrari is livid. But I do admire your work ethic Ed. It's refreshing to see some running through and tuning VTC one by one. It seems like such a simple principle and IMO easier to do it. Sadly I see so many tunes from guys where all the tables are either the same, or you can tell it was a one size fits all tune.
Thank for the admiration. I feel as if you’re going to do something do it right. Some people cut corners to get more tunes out and make more money. I started tuning because of that same reason. I didn’t trust what people were doing and customer service sucked at some shops unless you made outrageous amounts of power. I agree it’s a lot easier to tune VTC one by one.

Anyways keep up the hard work. I will jump out of this thread so I don’t cause confusion with the original poster.

-Ed
Ed, you are welcome in my thread always. It is a pleasure to stand back and watch professionals speak with eachother, I appreciate being able to be a part of the conversation.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

Okay, I think I've got a good log for you. The car felt good to me, Vtec kick in harder than the cal before. The 3rd gear pull is towards the end. Let me know if you need anything from me!
Attachments
datalog.Eskonanu.SD.Rev01.050922.fpdl
(10.17 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Overall it looked pretty good. Definitely needed some fuel in vtec. Not sure if it's from the header or what, but we'll see how it looks in this next one. Take it for a spin when you can.
Eskonanu.SD.Rev02.fpcal
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

Aye bud, I got a couple today - both ~30ish minutes. The second one has a 3rd gear pull towards the beginning. Again, she feels great! Just curious, how much do you think the CAI will screw with your calibration when it gets installed? I didn't know if that'd be a 'slight adjustment' thing, or a 'start from scratch' situation. Anyway, much thanks as always! -John
Attachments
datalog2.Eskonanu.SD.Rev02.051022.fpdl
(6.83 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
datalog1.Eskonanu.SD.Rev02.051022.fpdl
(6.8 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah it looks really good. Still needed some fuel adjustments in vtec, but that makes sense. I made those changes, so take this one for a spin when you can and we'll see how it looks.

A CAI will require a completely different tune. If it's a big tube one like HR or Skunk, then it will be very different. If you're adding a simple small tube CAI it won't be as drastic, but it will need a different tune. Right now we're tuning on the MAF, for a CAI, most need to be tune speed density (MAP), all big tube intakes need to be tuned speed density.
Eskonanu.Hybrid.Rev03.fpcal
(23.36 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

Hello Hello, hope your day is going well. I'm attaching another couple logs from today, there is a pull on the second one towards the end. Ofcourse, she is running and feeling and sounding really really good.

So when you are making adjustments, are you able to specifically tune say low end over high end, or 'safe' vs 'aggressive'? I mention it because I was thinking about your 'sport map' you did for a guy in another thread, and it made me curious as to what was possible - and at what risk.

My TB is 60.75mm (stock). I was under the assumption that any intake over 2 1/2" was pointless because the TB was the bottleneck, is that stupid? Is bigger better, and is there a point of diminishing return? Pretty sure the CAI I ordered is 2.5, I think it may taper to 2.75 at the filter.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS!
Attachments
datalog2.Eskonanu.Hybrid.Rev03.051122.fpdl
(2.88 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
datalog1.Eskonanu.Hybrid.Rev03.051122.fpdl
(3.62 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah the datalogs look good. We might be there, I'll have you make another datalog when you can so we can compare and look for trends. But it's definitely on the right path.

I don't tune anything for "aggressive". It's not what I'm interested or care to do with people's cars. I tune for what the car likes, which is why when you have your mods list set, I go in and tune all cam angles individually so that I have all the cam angle mapping data we need to make the right decisions for that. Plus then it's tuned for all cam angles, which is the proper way to do it. All my stuff is on the conservative side, and if someone isn't happy with the power then I recommend they get tuned by someone who might be able to make more power for them. But I don't help on here to get aggressive, it's not something I am interested in.

The sport pedal map is essentially what happens when you push the "sport" button on new Honda's or newer cars in general. It tightens up the pedal to TB relationship. Since these cars are DBW TB's, there is no physical relationship from your foot to the TB which can cause a lack of feel. That and the OEM pedal map has the TB opening less than your foot moves. Meaning that say you're pushing the pedal at 40%, the throttle body may only be opening 27% in some areas. When you tighten up the relationship, the pedal and TB relationship becomes more direct. Which for some guys it tricks the brain and almost makes it feel like a cable TB. There is nothing unsafe about it. And when done right, it doesn't give you a false HP feel, it just tightens up the relationship without making it feel false.

Technically the TB is the bottleneck, but the highest performing cars I've done have been the 3.5" intakes. It doesn't hurt to have more air coming in and funneling into the engine, so if you plan to move up in TB size in the future then it's perfect. If you never plan to run a bigger TB then I guess you wouldn't need it. But I haven't worked on a higher HP setup than those that have the 3.5" intakes. It's totally up to you though, just stating my experience. Just please don't get an intake where the filter goes back to the rear of the engine like the stock air box. You will have very hot intakes year round' and power will suffer even for part throttle.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

YES!!! I'll grab another couple of logs tomorrow and upload them so you can take a look. I love everything you said, especially the 'I tune for what the car likes' bit. I certainly wouldn't trade safety for power, this is my daily!

It's possible that I'll find a good deal on a TSX or Accord TB, depending on the year, those would be a match and are 64mm. For now, just having cold air will be a big deal.

PM me your cashapp/paypal/ etc.

THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Yeah IMO there is no reason to push it. Too much is only going gain a few HP, so why push it. Not to mention playing games with people's cars isn't something I am interested in. Which is also why I don't tune boost or large injector stuff. I just don't feel like I can do any justice on something like that so I leave them for those who are comfortable with it.

The TB might make a small difference in power, but they usually pick up some throttle response which is nice. It won't light your hair on fire, but at the right price it will be result in some noticeable feel on the car in most cases.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

Hey! I've been out of pocket for a bit, but the CAI came in and I got it installed yesterday. I think my numbers are way off, just from what I saw between the old SRI and the new CAI - was hoping you could take a look for me. I've attached 2 datalogs from my drive to work this morning.

- EDIT - For whatever reason, it's not letting me attach files...not sure what's going on there, I've shared them from my Google Drive. Hopefully you'll be able to access it normally...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Attachments
datalog1.CAI.Eskonanu.Hybrid.Rev03.052322.fpdl
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

I went ahead and uploaded the log from my drive home today, since it was being weird about me uploading the logs from earlier today. My intake temps were no joke -50 degrees lower! Just over ambient - wow! It WAS raining on the drive home, and my filter was completely soaked...a little worrisome. The bumper was off, so I'm sure that didn't help. No pulls today, I wanted you to look at it before I got on it too hard.

On a side note...I feel like I definitely screwed something up during the install - It's a bitch to get to change gears now. It's not the clutch, it's literally the shifting that's difficult. My money is on the linkage cables that were right up under the old SRI. Problem is, I don't quite know what to look for. I'm researching it - just wanted to throw it out there to see if anything comes to mind...

Anyway, hope all has been well. Best wishes!
Attachments
datalog3.Eskonanu.Hybrid.Rev03.052322.fpdl
(3.2 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Yimmee

Post by Yimmee »

I just joined the forum as well and EFICU has been a GOD LOL. ED I see you all over on the other side and you are also a legend brotha man. You guys being my first views on forums have made this an awesome experience. I never joined forums before because I always saw that others would critique people that didnt know much about or having little to no experience mechanically.
eskonanu

Post by eskonanu »

Same. That talent really stands out here. I lurked for so long that when I finally joined, I felt like I was talking to a celebrity lol I was nervous haha.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry I didn't mean to overlook your post yesterday. So we went from the K&N intake to the Injen correct? It's most likely because the MAF sensor isn't getting a good reading. We would need to switch it to a speed density calibration. But verify for me the intake swap so I have it right, then we will go from there.