In search of Fg2 K24/K20 tune

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
Jvasqu28

In search of Fg2 K24/K20 tune

Post by Jvasqu28 »

Hello everyone. I’m in search of a tune for my k20/k24 06 Civic Si. I’m newish to the Honda community and I’m a new member but I’ve had my 8th gen civic for a couple years now.

Here’s the story: I have a 2008 Honda Civic Si that has a k24a4 bottom end with a K20z3 head and 50vtc cam. I’ve never opened up the motor or taken off the transmission but apparently it has a 6 puck clutch, a type s oil pump and stock internals. I got it from my friend that gave up on his car after chasing issue after issue. All I know about it is what he told me but info is limited since he didn’t do any of the work himself. The car basically went downhill after he blew his previous motor which was a built k24a2/k20z3. I fixed several of the issues it had and now use it as my daily now.

After a couple months running the factory tune I decided to get a tune and while I was at it go full bolt on. I got it Dyno tuned and daily'd it for a while with no major issues(223whp 183 torque). I decided to put the car back to stock. I didn’t want to deal with the hassle again so I decided to leave it as is and just keep driving it on an intake tune from hondata.

I don’t drive the car hard but get on it a little every now and then. The car drives fine and fuel mileage is 24-25mpg on average. I do feel it has a slight hiccup around 3k rpm but I’m almost certain the car needs a tune since I’m running an off the shelf injen intake tune from hondata for a k20z3.

Ive been debating on getting another dyno tune but I’m not neccesssrily looking for power, just trying to keep the car running good and have better drivability. The car is currently Stock except a k24a4 bottom end, type S oil pump, aftermarket clutch and a DC sports intake. I also still have rdx injectors if necessary.
EFICU

Re: In search of Fg2 K24/K20 tune

Post by EFICU »

The best thing to do would be to make a 20 minute datalog on the tune you have in there now. Then post the datalog and the calibration so we can see how it looks. Then plans can be made for how to move forward with it.
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

Alright, will do asap, appreciate the advice.
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

Just Completed a 20 min datalog. I drove pretty normal but as you may or may not see in the datalog, probabaly around the 6 or 8 minute mark, I was accelerating at about 50% throttle from first to third and felt like it cut throttle after a shift. I didn't change throttle input but the car felt like it wasn't accelerating properly and lugged for a second or two then it felt fine again. I don't really drive the car hard so near the end of the drive I Floored the pedal, in either second or third gear, from about 3-5k rpm just so there would be data on that in this log .

For future datalogs I can see there is a compressed check box when viewing the file. should I send them as compressed? For now I uploaded the current one as compressed(Default setting)
Attachments
Datalog 5-22-22.fpdl
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

No you don't want to compress the datalogs. We lose a lot of data that way.

Yeah it's definitely not set up properly and has too much cam angle being commanded for a K24 setup. Which calibration are you running then? just curious as to which one you're running based on your post.
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

Ok thanks, I’ll upload uncompressed files in the future. I believe I’m currently running the injen intake tune from hondata from the preloaded maps that are included.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Do you have plans to add mods or are you keeping it with just the intake for quite a while?
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

No, I don’t think so. I made the power and it felt good but I never really beat on the car. It’s my daily rn and don’t want to deal with the hassle of going back to stock Anymore. Just gonna basically leave it as with just the carb legal DC sport intake.
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sounds good. The best way to tune it then is to go in and tune each cam angle one by one, then blend it out. You'd probably be looking at 8-10 revisions or so. If you need it done quicker we can do a shorter route, but the long route makes for a more complete tune. Let me know, then we can figure out which direction to go with it.
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

I’m sure your more knowledgeable than I am So Whatever you think works best. I don’t mind completing multiple data logs or having several revisions. Thanks Again, I appreciate all your help thus far
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

Sorry for the delay on this one man. Are you still wanting to work on it? If so, let me know and I will put together the first file for you today and send it over. And just so we're clear, you have the DC intake and the entire exhaust is stock including the cat?
Jvasqu28

Post by Jvasqu28 »

No worries, looks like your a one man army from what I can tell on the forum. Your all over the place but you have no obligation here man. Any help at all Is appreciated. But yea I’d still like to work on it.

Yes, just the DC Intake and stock exhaust from the header to the exhaust tip, cat included