Need tune for 8th gen civic si with k24a2

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Alexduffy

Need tune for 8th gen civic si with k24a2

Post by Alexduffy »

Have 08 si with k24a2 with rbc, injen cai, 50* vtc. Currently running stock tune. It's the 07 k24a2 running decent on stock tune.
EFICU

Re: Need tune for 8th gen civic si with k24a2

Post by EFICU »

Did you open up the engine and clay for valve to piston clearance?
Alexduffy

Post by Alexduffy »

No
Alexduffy

Post by Alexduffy »

Also have type s pump
EFICU

Post by EFICU »

So the only real concern then with the 50* VTC is the cam can over rotate from time to time when the ECU runs a cleaning cycle for the vtec valve. It would have been a better plan to get a mechanically limited VTC gear at 40*. I don't think you'll have an issue, but it is possible.

With the Type S pump, is there a rev limit RPM you want to run?

Is the exhaust system stock? Are you planning for more upgrades in the near future?
Alexduffy

Post by Alexduffy »

I'm not 100% sure where the limit should be set. I've seen mixed opinions with where people have set it. I saw one of the other threads that you were actually on and they only went to 8000. Its a daily driver that I do like to beat on. Would I be able to try that tune on mine or does it make sense to start fresh?

The exhaust is stock other than a high flow cat and for now I'm not planning on doing anymore mods. Working my way to turboing it in the future