K24 frank Etune help

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
RippinDC2

Re: K24 frank Etune help

Post by RippinDC2 »

The car felt really strong on the last run.

download/file.php?mode=view&id=19136
Attachments
log34 vt30 vtec wot.kdl
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I am blending the tables. Create a normal driving log with a WOT pull. You should feel the power more in this run.

-Ed
Attachments
RippinDC2_Rev25.kal
(175.62 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
RippinDC2

Post by RippinDC2 »

Got a couple logs in before the rain returned, unfortunately the WOT pull wasn't the cleanest. I hit a bump and it threw the graph off. I'll get another one asap. AFR's looked great and I'm not hearing any knock whatsoever. It's pulling hard, feels like its making some good power!!!

download/file.php?mode=view&id=19165
download/file.php?mode=view&id=19164
Attachments
log35 normal.kdl
(12.55 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
log36 WOT.kdl
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I cleaned up the fuel. Overall it looks good. Try an get a clean WOT log. I am working on optimizing vtec engagement.

-Ed
Attachments
RippinDC2_Rev26.kal
(175.86 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
RippinDC2

Post by RippinDC2 »

I was able to get a few pulls in today, this was the cleanest one.
Attachments
log37 wot.kdl
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 58 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

RippinDC2 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:34 pm I was able to get a few pulls in today, this was the cleanest one.
Cleaned up fuel. The tune is done.

-Ed
Attachments
RippinDC2_Rev27.kal
(175.93 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
J0aquin

Post by J0aquin »

Hi guys, there´re some questions from a newbie trying to learn more everyday.

Im from Mexico by the way, so I hope you understand everything I write about, I haven´t practiced my english for a while ago, but here I go

I do also have a Frank, with some little differences with this project you´re working on, K20a2 head, Skunk2 cams and k24a4 block, 410cc Denzo inyectors, I think everything else is almost the same.

My issue is the Knock Sensor, Knock count or anything about it, I understand what a knock is, but here, for example, on the pulls you did, I see many many knocks, actually my issue is exactly that one, I do also heard many many knocks, and doesnt matter what I do, I can´t correct them, I´ve tried to decrease the IGN timing, set the A/F ratio, look for any kind of mistake or problem mechanically but still dont get it, or, is it really a problem?? I´ve read many many times to disable the microphone, but really? Why? Why in your kals, why it seems not important? Sorry been rude and reopen the thread but is really anoying me out. Keep cool. Thx
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

J0aquin wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:23 pm Hi guys, there´re some questions from a newbie trying to learn more everyday.

Im from Mexico by the way, so I hope you understand everything I write about, I haven´t practiced my english for a while ago, but here I go

I do also have a Frank, with some little differences with this project you´re working on, K20a2 head, Skunk2 cams and k24a4 block, 410cc Denzo inyectors, I think everything else is almost the same.

My issue is the Knock Sensor, Knock count or anything about it, I understand what a knock is, but here, for example, on the pulls you did, I see many many knocks, actually my issue is exactly that one, I do also heard many many knocks, and doesnt matter what I do, I can´t correct them, I´ve tried to decrease the IGN timing, set the A/F ratio, look for any kind of mistake or problem mechanically but still dont get it, or, is it really a problem?? I´ve read many many times to disable the microphone, but really? Why? Why in your kals, why it seems not important? Sorry been rude and reopen the thread but is really anoying me out. Keep cool. Thx
Hello J0aquin,

No worries, this is an open forum. You are welcome to ask questions. When it comes to Camshafts some tend to create noise along with the valve train. You need to evaluate the knock to determine if its false. In order to do this you need find where knock is present and remove timing. If you have removed a significant amount of timing and it is still knocking, you are more than likely dealing with false knock.
Yes, some people disable the knock sensor as it becomes uses to detect real knock. When dyno tuned the tuner assesses knock by looking at the torque curves.

I suggest you create your own thread if you have more questions. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions you might have.

-Ed