P0341 crank but No start k24 Rsx

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Broken dc5

P0341 crank but No start k24 Rsx

Post by Broken dc5 »

I recently ran into an issue where my car won’t start. I have a k24 swapped rsx running on hondata. I did a couple tests on it my compression is at 180 psi all around in each cylinder, the car is getting spark, and my injectors are spraying some fuel. I’m confused as to why my car isn’t starting my starter and battery are good as well. Before this incident happened I had an engine code pop up for camshaft position sensor and now that I’m looking back at it I’m thinking that’s playing a factor to the problem. Before this problem occurred I’ve always had rough cold starts where I’d have to give it some throttle when cranking or it wouldn’t turn over it would just stall out. It has me thinking it could be my timing jumped but wouldn’t my compression be reading weird if my timing were to jump? Compression was still good in all cylinders but I’m not sure if that tells you if timing is good as well, my buddy told me if compression is reading good it can’t be timing but everything is leading me to believe it is any ideas?
CalibratEd

Re: P0341 crank but No start k24 Rsx

Post by CalibratEd »

Broken dc5 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:57 pm I recently ran into an issue where my car won’t start. I have a k24 swapped rsx running on hondata. I did a couple tests on it my compression is at 180 psi all around in each cylinder, the car is getting spark, and my injectors are spraying some fuel. I’m confused as to why my car isn’t starting my starter and battery are good as well. Before this incident happened I had an engine code pop up for camshaft position sensor and now that I’m looking back at it I’m thinking that’s playing a factor to the problem. Before this problem occurred I’ve always had rough cold starts where I’d have to give it some throttle when cranking or it wouldn’t turn over it would just stall out. It has me thinking it could be my timing jumped but wouldn’t my compression be reading weird if my timing were to jump? Compression was still good in all cylinders but I’m not sure if that tells you if timing is good as well, my buddy told me if compression is reading good it can’t be timing but everything is leading me to believe it is any ideas?
Has the engine had work done? I would start by replacing the sensor first.

- Ed
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

Yeah the engine has loads of work done to its k24 swapped the guy replaced the cams with skunk 2 tuner cams there’s a throttle body intake fbo intake manifold headers and all that stuff. I also did notice that one the car is in accessory mode my AFR reads at 9.1. I tried loads of things I even tried to feed it gas manually through the throttle body and it still won’t start it’ll crank but won’t start. I also recently got my hondata retuned so I was thinking maybe it could be that as well? Maybe the tuner messed something up?.
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

I’m hoping my timing hasn’t jumped and damaged any other components as there’s loads of aftermarket parts in the car
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Broken dc5 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:32 pm Yeah the engine has loads of work done to its k24 swapped the guy replaced the cams with skunk 2 tuner cams there’s a throttle body intake fbo intake manifold headers and all that stuff. I also did notice that one the car is in accessory mode my AFR reads at 9.1. I tried loads of things I even tried to feed it gas manually through the throttle body and it still won’t start it’ll crank but won’t start. I also recently got my hondata retuned so I was thinking maybe it could be that as well? Maybe the tuner messed something up?.
Was the car not starting before it was tuned? Did it run well on the new tune?

- Ed
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

The car did start before the tune but I was told that the time before was just for starting it and here and there it wasn’t a proper tune but it definitely started. The new tune definitely improved the car it was definitely running better idling better thing is though the one time I cold started it it was running very rich and idling a bit weird at like 1100 rpms and then I turned it off left it and the next time this happened. Also what happened was a family member of mine wanted to move the car out of the way and they turned it on without giving it gas as I mention before that’s what I gotta do for cold starts and then when I came over it was turning over enough for me to give it gas resulting in it not starting at all
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

My mechanic thinks it’s happened due to a poor tuning job
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

But we are not definite on this as we didn’t do deep digging tests yet
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Any update on this? Did you change the sensor?

-Ed
Broken dc5

Post by Broken dc5 »

Hey bro yes I fixed the problem actually what it was was that the timing jumped and the tensioner was completely shot, luckily the valves did not bend and the chain did not stretch I am currently running into another problem it’s a speed sensor problem will post a new thread right now