K24A2 swapped in 02 RSX Type S

K-Series Programmable ECU Calibration updates / downloads
Rodriguezjayrod

K24A2 swapped in 02 RSX Type S

Post by Rodriguezjayrod »

Hello, I’m new this is whole swapped thing. However, I currently have the base cal (tsx-04-05 stock.kal). It allowed the engine to start however, it just consistently to rev. If anyone can help me with this issue I’ll highly appreciate it.
CalibratEd

Re: K24A2 swapped in 02 RSX Type S

Post by CalibratEd »

Welcome to the forum. What do you mean by “consistently to rev”?

-Ed
Rodriguezjayrod

Basically what I meant was the car will rev up to around 3,000 RPMs then just drop back down to around 750 then back up and down. It will just continue doing that without me pressing the gas or anything. I let the car run for a while hoping that it would stop, but nope. Also if I was to press the gas pedal it will stop around 3,000 RPMs as if that’s is rev limiter but I looked into all that and I don’t have anything set to rev limit that low or like 2 step or anything in that matter
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

The increase and decrease at idle can be due to a vacuum leak. The rev limit if you have checked the calibration file could be due to a ground issues. Is the check engine light on? If so what are the codes?

-Ed
Rodriguezjayrod

I’ll double check for a vacuum leak. And the engine light was on it was P0141 (secondary 02 circuit heater circuit malfunction). However, i recalibrated with the same one and kinda just went through everything in the parameters and weirdly got the engine light went off and no codes. Do you think the engine having 2 MAP sensors be an issue? Originally, the k20 had the MAP sensor in the intake however with the K24A2 that’s in my RSX has another MAP on the intake manifold. So basically 2 connectors but I’m using the MAP sensor in the intake due to that’s where the wiring harness reaches.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Rodriguezjayrod wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:09 am I’ll double check for a vacuum leak. And the engine light was on it was P0141 (secondary 02 circuit heater circuit malfunction). However, i recalibrated with the same one and kinda just went through everything in the parameters and weirdly got the engine light went off and no codes. Do you think the engine having 2 MAP sensors be an issue? Originally, the k20 had the MAP sensor in the intake however with the K24A2 that’s in my RSX has another MAP on the intake manifold. So basically 2 connectors but I’m using the MAP sensor in the intake due to that’s where the wiring harness reaches.
The secondary o2 sensor can be turned off in the calibration file. There should not be any issues as long as you are using 1 of the map sensors. What is the sensor reading when you datalog? Can you post a datalog recording the issues you are having?

-Ed
Rodriguezjayrod

I hope I did it right and let me know if these weren't it or isn't enough. Thank you again for the help. I really appreciate it.
Attachments
Record RSX self revving.kdl
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Record RSX self revving 2.kdl
(702.09 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Double check for vacuum leaks.

- Ed