S300 Code 11 on F20B /CB7

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
Orchris

S300 Code 11 on F20B /CB7

Post by Orchris »

Hello to everyone, new to this all . recently acquired a 90 Honda accord with an F20B swap, came with an S300. Cars been great for the most part, but recently I got a CEL that came up, its really fishy and comes on every now and then, but is not consistent. wanted to get into datalogging so I downloaded S manager and did a log. Code has been dodging my data logs until today where I got a Code 11, aka engine overheating. Currently temp is at 204F via the display, but its been up to 224F. Cars looses power once CEL comes on . will check fluids and the basics but has anyone had this? what could it come down to?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: S300 Code 11 on F20B /CB7

Post by Spunkster »

It means that the ECU is seeing a temperature above the over heating temp set in the calibration. 220 degrees a pretty good temp to set it to, but if it is getting hotter than that, then you need to diagnose why the engine is running so hot. This could be from any number of things.
Orchris

Post by Orchris »

yeah I figured 220 is an okay temp. I guess it could be a setting in the base tune? maybe theres some way I can set the temp higher to 220 because I didn’t see temps higher than 225F. only thing im iffy about is that one the CEL comes on, certain power is lost, but maybe its like a prevention mechanism as to not overheat it too much, and maybe if I set to right temp CEL wont come back on?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If it is getting that hot you need to resolve why it is running so hot. It could be your cooling system or even the tuning. Have you discussed this issue with your tuner?