2012 Si Sedan SRI tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Mrlong818

Re: 2012 Si Sedan SRI tune

Post by Mrlong818 »

Ed,

data log attached. i reviewed it and i was wondering what causes these knock events like this. at one point there is like a 16deg knock retard while at part throttle cruise in 5th gear. Is there something i can do differently with my driving style? or is all of this part of the tuning process, where like you said you have been adjusting fuel and timing at different areas? i also noticed that the ECT (exhaust cam temperature?) was above 200deg for a while during part throttle cruise, but then went down on it's own. can you advise on what this means and what would cause that? i searched online and came up with nothing. again, thank you for all the time you've put into this project and many others(i see you all over this forum!) to help folks get the most out of their driving experience!
Attachments
MrLong818_rev2_datalog.fpdl
(3.44 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I am dialing fuel and timing, Knock can happen due to timing and fuel. There was a spot that was rich so i reduced the fuel. Create another normal driving log. Also, ECT stands for Engine Coolant Temperature. If that gets to hi it can cause the engine to knock and pull timing as well.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev3.fpcal
(21.85 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Finally had some descent weather to go for a drive and data log the new revision. Thanks for all you've done this far on my tune Ed! Looking at the log, it seems as though things have smoothed out quite a bit and it drives better for sure. Sometimes I feel a slight hesitation when going from a stop in 1st gear. It's hard to describe, but kind of like the rpms don't climb for a brief second. IDK, might just be my uncalibrated butt dyno. VTEC engagement is pronounced for sure, around 4500rpm or so. Is there any benefit to lowering that threshold? I only ask because I've been reading about people doing it and wondered what the benefit/detriment would be, just for my own education of how these cars work.
Attachments
MrLong818_rev3_datalog.fpdl
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:43 pm Finally had some descent weather to go for a drive and data log the new revision. Thanks for all you've done this far on my tune Ed! Looking at the log, it seems as though things have smoothed out quite a bit and it drives better for sure. Sometimes I feel a slight hesitation when going from a stop in 1st gear. It's hard to describe, but kind of like the rpms don't climb for a brief second. IDK, might just be my uncalibrated butt dyno. VTEC engagement is pronounced for sure, around 4500rpm or so. Is there any benefit to lowering that threshold? I only ask because I've been reading about people doing it and wondered what the benefit/detriment would be, just for my own education of how these cars work.
I am glad I can help. Try to datalog the hesitation you are feeling. There is a benefit to lower it depending on the modifications you are running. When you are doing a full ETune you look at the torque curves and set the Vtec where you see the torque start to drop off. Optimizing the VTC tables also helps with this.

Things are looking good create another normal driving log with a WOT pull.

- Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev4.fpcal
(21.88 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Thanks for getting back to me Ed! Attached is the revision 4 datalog. Is the intent to experience zero knock events? I noticed i still struggle with part throttle cruise in 4th-6th gears. Am i hurting the engine at all during these knock times?
Attachments
MrLong818_rev4_datalog.fpdl
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 42 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:55 am Thanks for getting back to me Ed! Attached is the revision 4 datalog. Is the intent to experience zero knock events? I noticed i still struggle with part throttle cruise in 4th-6th gears. Am i hurting the engine at all during these knock times?
Yes the object is to reduce the knock as much as possible. You will experience knock here and there but it should not be of concern as long as your fuel and timing are in line. The car is able to reduce timing with in reason to prevent any catastrophic issues.

Create another normal driving log. I reduced timing where knock was present.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev5.fpcal
(21.87 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

attached is the Rev 5 datalog like you requested. i was searching around on the forum and found another user being tuned so i downloaded his calibration and ran a log against it as well. the car drove night and day different on the other tune. the datalog showed less knock events and the car just screamed. i'm sure it's not perfect, but i attached the calibration and the datalog from it for you to see the differences and to get your feedback. im not certain of the tune differences between this one and yours, so any advice is appreciated! mrlong818_rev5 is the datalog of your latest revision. nightk1ds.hybrid.rev05 is the tune i found on this forum and "hondata forum tune datalog" is the driving datalog i took from that other tune. standing by for your thoughts.

thanks for the work Ed!

-Paige
Attachments
MrLong818_rev5_datalog.fpdl
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 47 times
Nightk1ds.Hybrid.Rev05.fpcal
(24.38 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
hondata forum tune datalog.fpdl
(2.67 MiB) Downloaded 55 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I looked over the tune you provided and it seems the car is running very rich. I am not a fan of using some else's work. The tune you provided is EFICU's tune. He is another tuner that helps on the forum. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

-Ed
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Thanks for the reply Ed! I’d like to continue to work with you on the revisions you’ve been making if that’s okay. I appreciate all of the work you’ve done thus far!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Create another normal log with a WOT pull. I cleaned up some fuel and adjusted timing.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev6.fpcal
(21.82 KiB) Downloaded 56 times