2012 Si Sedan SRI tune

Calibrations for FlashPro Manager - Use all calibrations at your own risk (dyno tuning recommended)

Mrlong818

2012 Si Sedan SRI tune

Post by Mrlong818 »

I just purchased a 2012 Si sedan that already has a DC sports short ram intake. I’ve read they are not the best at cooler IATs but it’s all I have for now. The car also has a DC sports muffler and tip on it. I think it’s otherwise stock. I just purchased a flashpro and have zero tuning experience with this software. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a base map to start from? The rev hang is annoying for sure, but this car scoots!
CalibratEd

Re: 2012 Si Sedan SRI tune

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:39 pm I just purchased a 2012 Si sedan that already has a DC sports short ram intake. I’ve read they are not the best at cooler IATs but it’s all I have for now. The car also has a DC sports muffler and tip on it. I think it’s otherwise stock. I just purchased a flashpro and have zero tuning experience with this software. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a base map to start from? The rev hang is annoying for sure, but this car scoots!
I may be able to help. Do yo know how to datalog? Do you plan to dyno tune or ETune the Car? What are your plans for the car?

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

I researched the data log process and took one yesterday. I will upload it today when I get home from work, once I figure out how to do that. The tune I uploaded to the car is Hondata MAF tune for 2012-2015 Si’s. The only change I made to it was unchecking the over run(rev hang) feature, and I left everything else as it was. There is a marked improvement in how the car feels but I do think it could be better. There was a little bog between 2-3k rpm’s.

Current mods on the car are the DC sports short ram intake, DC sports muffler and exhaust tip, buddy club short throw shifter with acuity cable bushing and shifter base bushings. Suspension setup is BC adjustable coil overs with swift springs front and rear. I do not plan to do any other mods to the car as it drives great and handles well.

Thank you so much for replying to my thread! I’ll post the data log ASAP!
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:20 am I researched the data log process and took one yesterday. I will upload it today when I get home from work, once I figure out how to do that. The tune I uploaded to the car is Hondata MAF tune for 2012-2015 Si’s. The only change I made to it was unchecking the over run(rev hang) feature, and I left everything else as it was. There is a marked improvement in how the car feels but I do think it could be better. There was a little bog between 2-3k rpm’s.

Current mods on the car are the DC sports short ram intake, DC sports muffler and exhaust tip, buddy club short throw shifter with acuity cable bushing and shifter base bushings. Suspension setup is BC adjustable coil overs with swift springs front and rear. I do not plan to do any other mods to the car as it drives great and handles well.

Thank you so much for replying to my thread! I’ll post the data log ASAP!
Sounds good. Looks like all you need is some minor adjustments.

-Ed
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Forgive the delay, life has been happening a million miles an hour for me this past week. Below are two datalogs i took. the first one is just normal driving because i didn't know there was a wide open throttle requirement. so a few days later after researching, i took another with some normal driving, a wide open throttle pull in third gear, and another in fifth gear because i had read conflicting information and didn't know which was preferred. Thank you wholeheartedly for looking into my setup! Cheeers!
Attachments
Melo_5Aug22_MAF Tune_WOT.fpdl
(3.53 MiB) Downloaded 48 times
Melo_2Aug22_MAF Tune.fpdl
(3.7 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:14 am Forgive the delay, life has been happening a million miles an hour for me this past week. Below are two datalogs i took. the first one is just normal driving because i didn't know there was a wide open throttle requirement. so a few days later after researching, i took another with some normal driving, a wide open throttle pull in third gear, and another in fifth gear because i had read conflicting information and didn't know which was preferred. Thank you wholeheartedly for looking into my setup! Cheeers!
Please post the tune file as well.

- Ed
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Oh, sorry Ed. i didn't know that was required as well, but it makes sense to me now that it is. Complete tuning noobie here! Calibration is attached. Again, the only modification I made was removing the Rev Hang feature.

Cheers!

-Paige
Attachments
US Civic Si 2012-2014, MAF tune.fpcal
(21.27 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Paige, No worries. I like to make sure i am using the same calibration file. I enabled the Map tables. Create a normal driving long.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_Base.fpcal
(21.22 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Ed,

I took a datalog of my 25min drive to work. Mostly highway, and I kept the driving to normal style without really hitting Vtec at all. Please let me know your thoughts on things. Note: I have 93 octane fuel with ethanol. The first two datalog files I sent you were with 90 octane no ethanol as I was running an experiment on which was better for the car. Not sure if any of that matters, but I plan to run 93 with ethanol from here on out. Also, I just got a nastygram from my computer saying the file is too large to add. I even tried to compress it into a zip file with no luck. Wamp wamp...I guess i'll have to take another one that's shorter.
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Snagged a quick datalog that should be smaller in size this time. Thanks again for the help!
Attachments
Mrlong818_datalog_Ver2_8Aug22.fpdl
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Mrlong818 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:34 pm Ed,

I took a datalog of my 25min drive to work. Mostly highway, and I kept the driving to normal style without really hitting Vtec at all. Please let me know your thoughts on things. Note: I have 93 octane fuel with ethanol. The first two datalog files I sent you were with 90 octane no ethanol as I was running an experiment on which was better for the car. Not sure if any of that matters, but I plan to run 93 with ethanol from here on out. Also, I just got a nastygram from my computer saying the file is too large to add. I even tried to compress it into a zip file with no luck. Wamp wamp...I guess i'll have to take another one that's shorter.
The higher the octane the better. No worries about the datalog. I know there is a way to cut it but I don't recall how to do it. I cleaned up some of the fuel and smoothed timing where knock was present. Create a normal driving log. If possible have the car engage vtec.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev1.fpcal
(21.64 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

I took two logs today for you Ed. One in the morning and one in the evening to show how the car performs in multiple driving styles.

thanks for having a look!
Attachments
Mrlong818_datalog_9Aug22_wot.fpdl
(704.3 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Mrlong818_datalog_9Aug22.fpdl
(2.29 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Ed, have you got any thoughts on the data log I posted. I noticed a bunch of KR but have no idea how to fix it or if it’s bad. Perhaps some race fuel added and a retake? I’m wondering if I’ve gotten some bad fuel perhaps. I am running the 93 w/ethanol like we discussed
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

I cleaned up some of the fuel and removed timing where knock was present. Create a normal driving log.

-Ed
Attachments
MrLong818_rev2.fpcal
(21.78 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Mrlong818

Post by Mrlong818 »

Thanks for the work Ed! I'll get this loaded and grab a data log tonight.

Cheers,

-Paige