RSX K24a Overheating

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
Ripkon

RSX K24a Overheating

Post by Ripkon »

I did a motor swap about 3 months ago and i have been fighting an overheating issue. The turbo setup is the same as the last k20a2 setup. I have replaced the water pump, temperature sensor, belt tensioner, new belt, 2 row aluminum - switched back to factory . Drive belt acc are off the k20a2. Has mishimoto fans and thermostat. I have done a combustion test, leakdown test and pressure test all are good. The temperature on the dash doesn't even get half way, but kpro temperature shows hot. At idle it stays around 196-203 with the ac on. With ac off around 196-201. Cruising with ac on and off around 196-203. Going up big hills it will climb to 212 and higher with ac off and on. Today it got to 221 at idle with ac on. It will take awhile for the temp to get back down to 199-196. The coolant has been filled through the top hose until coming out the radiator and front jacked extremely high with lisle funnel. I dont understand why my dash temperature never even gets to half way when kpro shows so high. I have tried everything to fix this problem, but now im thinking it maybe temperature senor wire or kpro bug?
TTR

Re: RSX K24a Overheating

Post by TTR »

The dash gauge is designed to have the same needle position from 170ish to 230ish.