Primary TSX O2 sensor

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2007-2008 US TSX
PR8urvtec

Re: Primary TSX O2 sensor

Post by PR8urvtec »

Welp, I tried the NTK air fuel sensor and getting the same issue. I'm kind of at a loss as to what is causing this. The next step is to put stock injectors back in and put a stock tune on and see if it acts the same way. Although I'm fairly certain that everything is fine in the injector department b/c in open loop the engine idles fine at a stoich a/f ratio. I just don't understand how something this simple is giving so much trouble.
PR8urvtec

Post by PR8urvtec »

Anymore thoughts on this issue? I have had the car in open loop since I can't seem to figure this out. Got a used oem sensor and it still does the same thing. The ecu eventually throws a check engine light. I believe it says it's out of range after swaying so far over and over again. It would be really helpful to have the tune using the stock o2 sensor over using open loop.

Does anyone know how the ecu uses the wideband sensor? Does drive by wire have anything to do with it? Maybe using a auto ecu instead of a manual? Being a 5 spd? I'm still at a loss and tuner doesn't know what's going on either. Come on Hondata there has to be some information on this as it seems like a pretty big thing to not work. I've tried 3 different types of sensors and they all do the same exact thing.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

These sensors are very close together. Have you tried plugging one hole and just getting a reading at idle and comparing that to with both sensors installed?
PR8urvtec

Post by PR8urvtec »

I'll see if that helps anything. I did move the sensors to a different location (upstream in the down pipe) to see if the wastegate tie in was affecting the reading and it didn't have any affect. The new location had them spread out further on opposite sides of the piping.

Just to clarify this is a 04 TSX (manual) with a 08 auto ECU with a manual tune from Flashpro. I have contacted Denso to make sure there was no difference between years and auto or manual and they confirmed I have the correct part. Just a very bizarre problem to have but people have used this part and had no issues with what information I've found albeit they are not on flashpro. Just a typical replacement for having a check engine light. I plan on taking a good look at the wiring harness and plug just to see if there is anything that stands but I didn't notice anything irregular last time I messed with it.