kpro not connecting to laptop or bluetooth. no green or red light

K-Series Programmable ECU installation questions / support issues
chubbylee240

kpro not connecting to laptop or bluetooth. no green or red light

Post by chubbylee240 »

My kpro v4 was running just fine for the past year. Its dyno tuned e85 etc. I recently drove the car for about an hour. Parked it for about an hour then I decided to go back out. When I started it back up, the car idled rough. Looks like it was leaning out on the AFR. Then it stalled out. I tried to start it again and same thing, idle for couple seconds the stalls out. Oil press, fuel press, and voltage is fine from my gauges. When it does idle, i did notice that the check light popped on. I tried to pull the codes from the app and i couldnt connect anymore. So I tried to connect to the laptop and theres no lightning bolt. Cant go to tools and and download the map either. At the bottom left corner, it says "driver intalled" and "offline" when the usb is connected and the engine harness. I dont see a red or green light. The serial number is 60720 and im on a PPA ecu.

The only recent wiring did was add AC to my swap. I went into kpro to switch the oil pressure switch to activate the ac. This was 2 days before I started having issues. I checked the main relay already by pulling it and testing the relay. Made sure the relay clicked like its suppose to do. Also checked every fuse under the dash. Not sure what else to check.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: kpro not connecting to laptop or bluetooth. no green or red light

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you try the ECU in a known running car and see if it does the same thing.
chubbylee240

Post by chubbylee240 »

I will and get back with the results. how often does the kpro board go bad? and anyone know how much is it to replace? its not even a year old
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

It should not go bad on it's own unless something is wired incorrectly. First we need to determine if the ECU is working in another vehicle.
chubbylee240

Post by chubbylee240 »

so I tried my kpro on my buddies working kmiata. mine didnt light up but his kpro lights up in his car. so im going to assume my kpro isnt working anymore. anything else I should try? or will I need another kpro v4?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

What is the serial number that is on the K-Pro board inside the ECU?

From Help, About, what is the version of software you are using?

Have you made sure that the K-Pro is seated on the pins in the ECU correctly?
chubbylee240

Post by chubbylee240 »

Serial is 60720

Version 4.5.3.0

Yes all 3 clips on just fine on my brand new rywire harness
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I'm not talking about the wiring harness. You need to open the ECU and make sure that the K-Pro is seated on the pins inside the ECU.