Data Logging Stop

s300 and SManager software questions & answers
babypharaoh

Data Logging Stop

Post by babypharaoh »

Hi guys,

My s300 will connect to my laptop but when I go to data log (lightning bolt) it will only log for a few seconds then stop. Then after that it won't log at all. I originally thought this was a grounding issue as this has been on and off for weeks now since installing the s300 into another ECU. I realized my ground from the valve cover was disconnected and after reconnecting it I was able to data log for a few hours until it stopped again (longest it's ever logged). Multiple things have allowed me to log for a brief amount of time at random, like cleaning the ecu with alcohol, re-seating the hondata, and randomly after restarting laptops and the car. I'm running NGK iridium plugs and NGK spark plug wires. The car is boosted (~5-7 psi now) and is running on a street tune that me and my friend were able to scramble together in the times where hondata has been data logging. I've tried a different laptop, disconnecting my gauges, cleaning my grounds (battery, transmission, valve cover, thermostat), cleaned the ecu, and changed plugs and wires. Still nothing has given a real solution. As far as I know my distributor is stock and also something to note my radiator fan was jumped for a long time as I think my thermostat isn't working. If their is any thing I can provide to help please just ask and I'll try to provide it.

Thanks,
Johnny
babypharaoh

Re: Data Logging Stop

Post by babypharaoh »

The car is a 98 civic dx (d16y7) and here are some pictures of the ECU
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (2.64 MiB) Viewed 719 times
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 719 times
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 719 times
image3.jpeg
image3.jpeg (2.79 MiB) Viewed 719 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Have you tried the ECU on a known working vehicle to see if it datalogs normally on it?

Are the spark plugs resistor or non-resistor type?

Have the capacitors been replaced in the ECU?
babypharaoh

Post by babypharaoh »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:56 pm Have you tried the ECU on a known working vehicle to see if it datalogs normally on it?

Are the spark plugs resistor or non-resistor type?

Have the capacitors been replaced in the ECU?
I do not know anyone with a vehicle I could test the ECU on and my spark plugs are NGK ZFR5FIX-11 #2477 which claims 5k Ohm resistor value. I have ordered the BKR8EIX plugs to see if it makes a difference but the resistor values are the same so I'm doubtful. The Capacitors have not been changed on the ECU that'll probably get done within the next 2 weeks. I'll let you know what happens with any updates. Thanks for the reply.
babypharaoh

Post by babypharaoh »

Update:

Got a new USB 2.0 cable and swapped my plugs for the BKR8EIX and was able to log for about 3 hours today until it stopped, and after restarting my laptop it started working again. So the issue might be fixed. The 3 hours was long enough to make a solid street tune so I'm pretty happy. If it keeps happening and becomes a problem I'll change capacitors and go from there.