Hondata Tune Not Working!

FK2 Civic Type R 2015-2017, FK8 Civic Type R 2017-2021, FL5 Civic Type R 2023+ and Integra Type S 2024+
davdobsd

Hondata Tune Not Working!

Post by davdobsd »

Hi,

I have an issue tuning my 2018 Honda civic Type R, K20C1 engine.

On stock tune my car drives perfectly. But when I upload a hondata base map, the car doesn’t drive well, fuel keeps cutting out under full throttle at about 4000 rpm.

1: The data log shows the tune is demanding more fuel than my pump is providing.

2: In second gear the fuel pump is operating at 73 percent but in third gear it’s 100 percent which isn’t normal.

3: I have replaced my fuel pump, and also my injectors and still have this problem.

4: Sometimes even my wastegate actuator stays open and I get no boost

5: I replaced my wastegate actuator as well

6: I also notice my DIFP number is lower than my DIFPCMD number, like the car is requesting more fuel that my fuel pump is giving.

I have been replacing so many things including (low pressure in tank fuel pump, spark plugs, electronic wastegate actuator) and still have the problem,, someone told me it’s the high pressure fuel pump but I don’t have any of these symptoms when I flash back to stock.

Upgrades include:

PRL Race Intake
PRL Intercooler
AFE Downpipe
AFE Midpipe
Full 3 inch custom exhaust (after front pipe)
Meth Injection kit (currently turned off)

Please help!
Rares

Re: Hondata Tune Not Working!

Post by Rares »

Please upload some logs. What basemap have you tried?
davdobsd

Post by davdobsd »

i have tried hondata bass maps, just selected the bolts ons that i have and uploaded a tune.

i also tried getting a remote tune from redstar motoring but everytime he uploads something the car gives out in third gear the fuel cuts because the pump isnt supplying the fuel demand that the car is requesting. but on the stock tune i dont have this issue.

I have attached the only log i have which doesnt show a full throttle pull with it cutting out but you can see the the fuel command is higher than what the pump is actually giving.
Attachments
IMG_7232.jpg
IMG_7232.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3351 times
jeffx

Post by jeffx »

could you upload the actual logfile rather than a screenshot of the graph, including the logs showing it cutting out in third?
davdobsd

DIFP Numbers are lower than DIFPCMD

Post by davdobsd »

Hi,

I was having a problem with my car cutting fuel drastically whenever i tried doing a third gear pull as if i had smashed on the brakes. Had the issue from when i had the stock low pressure fuel pump.

Now i have upgraded to the low pressure Hondata fuel pump and still have the same issue. On my data log i noticed my DIFP number is lower than the DIFPCMD numbers.

Does anyone know why my DIFP numbers are lower than my DIFPCMD?
davdobsd

Post by davdobsd »

Id have to do another log file because i didnt save it, i will do it and upload it.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: DIFP Numbers are lower than DIFPCMD

Post by Spunkster »

Post the calibration and a datalog showing the issue.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Your tuner need to reduce the torque so that the fuel pump maintains pressure.
Hondata
davdobsd

Post by davdobsd »

thats the thing, it was also happening with hondata base map. I have seen these cars run more than 400 wheel torque on stock fuel system, im not even at 400.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

Post the calibration and a datalog showing the issue.
Hondata
davdobsd

Post by davdobsd »

I will post one either later today or tomorrow, I will have to reload the tune as i had flashed back to stock. The works perfectly fine when on stock map. Although i notice some of the sensors are now not reading.