Severe throttle problem after installing FlashPro

2012+ US/Canadian Civic Si / 2013+ ILX
particle0404

Severe throttle problem after installing FlashPro

Post by particle0404 »

So I’m brand new to tuning and knew that the way to go was with Hondata. After receiving it, I went to Hondata’s help page and followed all the steps to installing the tuner. I picked a tune (stock tuned, 6000rpm launch limit) and began uploading the tune.

As soon as I started it up, I noticed a super low idle at start, like down to 500rpm’s. So, I went to take it for a test drive without making any adjustments to the tune. After trying a launch, I realized that I cannot go over 5000 rpms, and my throttle feels weak, like I’ve lost power. I even went to record my throttle and you can see that even when floored, it will jump down to 0% throttle, then to ~90%, then back down. Now it won’t give me any throttle… I was sitting in traffic when it choked itself out and had to get it towed to the house. It’s giving me P0172 and P2097 right now which is expected.

Right now I’ve taken off the tune and this problem still persists. I’ve put on my original throttle body for testing, and it still has the same issue. Tested wiring on the TPS and it has no issues as well, in fact I’ve recently changed the wiring harness for it. I really just want some feedback on what might’ve caused this problem, could be big or could be small. I’m not including calibration yet because it’s sitting at stock right now, lmk if you need it.

2015 Honda Civic Si, Skunk2 intake manifold and CAI, K-Tuned 72mm throttle body and fuel rail, Invidia N1 catback.
Attachments
tps test graph recording.PNG
tps test graph recording.PNG (245.41 KiB) Viewed 948 times
Spunkster
Site Admin

Re: Severe throttle problem after installing FlashPro

Post by Spunkster »

So you returned to stock form the online menu and it is still doing the same thing?
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm So you returned to stock form the online menu and it is still doing the same thing?
Yes that’s correct.
Update: The throttle completely cutting out, having me towed, was a mistake on my part… tubing had come off while driving so I wasn’t getting a reading of any air, and never popped the hood to check.
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Spunkster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:35 pm So you returned to stock form the online menu and it is still doing the same thing?
If you have any idea as to what I should do, please don't hesitate to tell me. This has completely handicapped my car, getting only ~10 MPG, and I don't know why. It's very infuriating.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

So if you return to stock from the online menu you still have a problem?
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:20 am So if you return to stock from the online menu you still have a problem?
Yes, that's correct. I've tried it several different times, and at this point, I'm assuming it's not related to the FlashPro. Whenever I return to stock, I always check to see if I still have launch control, and it does not. I really think the FlashPro has cooked something ECU or throttle related. Please help.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

The FlashPro cannot damage anything like that. IF it returned to stock and has an issue then you should take it to the Honda dealer to have them look at it. Once it is returned to stock it is as it came from the factory.
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am The FlashPro cannot damage anything like that. IF it returned to stock and has an issue then you should take it to the Honda dealer to have them look at it. Once it is returned to stock it is as it came from the factory.
Well, I don't want to point fingers, but this did happen after I started it for the first time with the tune. How would I 100% confirm that it's stock besides trying to use launch control? Or is that method perfectly valid?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

If you have it all plugged in and go to the online menu and click on return to stock and it finishes doing that then it is stock.
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Spunkster wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:56 pm If you have it all plugged in and go to the online menu and click on return to stock and it finishes doing that then it is stock.
I've definitely done that. At this point, it's not related to the FlashPro. Something must have happened at the very moment I installed the tune. I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

I would recommend that you have a Honda dealer look at it. You also said you had a loose hose so there could be any number of issues going on.
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

Figured out I have aftermarket 550cc injectors already installed that I didn’t know about. Whenever I got my car tuned from the FlashPro, it apparently took off a previous tune for 550cc injectors. Had no idea. It’s back in running order now, ready to tune. The Honda dealer probably would’ve told me that.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Nice. Glad you figured it out. Make sure you have proper injector data before you start tuning.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning
particle0404

Post by particle0404 »

CalibratEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 10:40 am Nice. Glad you figured it out. Make sure you have proper injector data before you start tuning.

-Ed
I’ll try my best. Still learning so much with tuning… right now I’m just on a factory basemap with the injector size and rev hang changed. When going past ~50% throttle, I’ll occasionally get some hiccups in throttle. I’ll do some data logging tonight to try to find out why.

If you have any recommendations or tips on what to tune, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
CalibratEd

Post by CalibratEd »

Feel free to post issues with logs and I am happy to answer any questions.

-Ed
Instagram: calibrated.tuning