keyspan issues

HondaLogger datalogging software questions and answers.
fu@k_awd

keyspan issues

Post by fu@k_awd »

I have the recomended keyspan serieal usb adapter and am using a dell, my first issue is i have lost they keyspan softwear from the last time (diff lap top) i tried to connect, even then i could not get a connection with any laptop. i ended up bring out the desktop pc and just using the serial cable and it connected fine to unlock 3 step and now i am trying to unlock. use datatlogging. any ideas?
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

download the correct driver from www.keyspan.com
fu@k_awd

Post by fu@k_awd »

I did that, but i dont have the keyspan assistant i dont think. how am i suppose to set up the keyspan softwear? i went through the install wizard but i didnt get much from that. when i hit connect in hondalogger it never connects.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

You must go into the device manager and find out what com port it is using and set Hondalogger accordingly.
fu@k_awd

Post by fu@k_awd »

Were do i go in hondalogger to check/change that?
fu@k_awd

Post by fu@k_awd »

no i have noticed that when i try and hit cnt-m for ecu info the pop up wont come up at all but it will on my home p/c, this is the same problome i had last time.
Spunkster
Site Admin

Post by Spunkster »

Hold down the Windows key and press Pause Break on the keyboard. This will bring up the syspem properties. Then click on the Hardware tab and click on Device manager. From there check to see what com port the Keyspan is using.

In Hondalogger you need to go to File, Settings and click on the Recording tab and make sure you select the same com port that the Keyspan is using.