Will there be a turbo calibration?

FlashPro questions & answers specific to the 2006-2011 Americas Civic Si
soxfan143

Will there be a turbo calibration?

Post by soxfan143 »

Hello Hondata. I was curious if you plan on including some base turbo calibrations for us turbo guys? I would even be happy with the AJP flash to start with. I can just datalog that and tune form there. It would be better than starting from scratch. Thanks you in advance for any info you feel you can share.
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

Just because you asked now they wont lol jk man, but yea im in the same boat as you, im going custom turbo soon enough and it would be good to have a decent starting point for the tune.
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Lol...Probably. Though I downloaded the k-manager software to play around and see what it was all about and they have all kinds of turbo calibrations there. I wonder if you could kind of copy the fuel and ignition values from the similar cam angle tables from the kpro maps to get a starting point. The motors are pretty much the same. Though we have the RBC IM and they don't. Which will cause quite a different airfllow at different RPM so you would have to be careful and really know how to listen for knock while logging. But all this would be moot if there are turbo maps included. It isn't reall that big a deal but I don't know why they wouldn't include that info with the release announcement. But I will get it done either way. Not a big deal. I'm just happy that we finally have Hondata. woot...
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

i am right there with ya Mike. While it's not needed to have a basemap to start out with, it would save alot of time/money for tuning
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

ImAuthenticFTW wrote:i am right there with ya Mike. While it's not needed to have a basemap to start out with, it would save alot of time/money for tuning
You are sooo correct. Plus I would like to get the emanage out of my car the second I take the FlashPro out of the box and load up a decent base map and start data logging and adjusting the AFR. Not too worried about the cam angles as much right away but I NEED the emanage OUT of my car ASAP!!! lol.
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

yea im actually going tomorrow to get my nitrous removed and a new fuel line ran (to repair where i had to tap to get fuel for the nitrous kit) as well as discuss my custom turbo kit, im actually unsure what turbo im going to use, i wanted a 35R, but i really think ill be fine with 350whp for a good bit so i'll probably go with sometihng smaller
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

I'm just gonna go with the Full-Race GReddy upgrade for a turbo. There's a kid from clubrsx that has the GReddy kit with the upgraded turbo and he just go tuned and made 349whp and 290wtq. Id LOVE that dyno sheet. And he made most of that power under the curve. So sweet.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

At this point we do not know.
Hondata
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

Fair enough. Though I desperately hope you can get us something to start with. Thanks for the reply.
locash

Post by locash »

If you have access to a dyno and a decent tuner, you can make your own map. Rather than start with someone else's calibration, I prefer to make my own for each vehicle I tune, and tailor it specifically for that exact car..
Locash Racing, LLC
Hondata Sales and Tuning
Dynapack 4000 2wd Dyno
In-Shop CNC Machining and Product Manufacturing
soxfan143

Post by soxfan143 »

locash wrote:If you have access to a dyno and a decent tuner, you can make your own map. Rather than start with someone else's calibration, I prefer to make my own for each vehicle I tune, and tailor it specifically for that exact car..
I hear ya but It's nice to have a starting point. It is also a LOT cheaper for me to show up with a base map to start with. Besides, Hondata's tunes are pretty much perfect to begin with.

But anyway, Hondata has announced that there WILL be a GReddy base map released with the FlashPro for all GReddy kit owners. This is GREAT news for us. Thank you Hondata. Once again you prove why you are the pinnacle of tuning for Honda.
Hondata
Site Admin

Post by Hondata »

There are greddy calubrations for 370cc and 650cc injectors. The 370cc injectors are only good for very low boost levels.
Hondata
ImAuthenticFTW

Post by ImAuthenticFTW »

Nice, good to know, i may go greddy(buy a used kit) for a bit to get my boost fix while i save up for a better kit *couhg cough* full race *cough cough*