Counterfeit K-Pro and K100
Counterfeit K-Pros and K100s have been sold as new and used in the US, Canada, Europe and
Australia and Asia This counterfeit circuit board is a poor quality copy of the version
2 K-Pro with on-board datalogging.
There are no known counterfeits of the red circuit board
Counterfeit K-Pro characteristics
- Typically sold with an ECU as used on online forums for a low price.
- Often sold with unsupported ECUs (part numbers
37805-PND-A51 through A59 ECU - Base RSX Auto)
- The installation is poor, with bad soldering, missing serial numbers and missing or incorrect value components.
The counterfeits show some or all the following behaviors:
- Failure to upload or datalog.
- Speed sensor problems.
- Random rev limits.
- Failure to start
- Corruption of ECU table data.
We do not advise driving your vehicle on a counterfeit
K-Pro due to risk of engine damage.
How do I know if my K-Pro is authentic?
- The number 3 on the counterfeit has a
the genuine is curved.
- The sides of the counterfeit may
rough tabs, the
genuine is always smooth.
- The counterfeit bar codes
are low quality. The genuine bar
codes are sharp.
- The Hondata logo must be in this location, with a gap between letters a and
How do I know if my K100 is authentic?
- The letters O and a are different
- The soldering is poor with many components at an angle
- There is no serial number
What should I do if I suspect my K-Pro or K100 is counterfeit?
- Check the above characteristics to confirm if your KPro or K100 is counterfeit.
- Send a photo to email@example.com
for Hondata for confirmation.
- Send your suspect board to Hondata for confirmation
What should I do if I my K-Pro or K100 is determined to be counterfeit?
- Contact the seller and ask for your money back. The counterfeit should be sent to Hondata for destruction - knowingly
selling a counterfeit product is a federal offence with a maximum 10 year jail sentence and/or $2,000,000 fine.
- Send to Hondata for an exchange to a
genuine K-Pro III for $600 ($650 outside the US) using this
When purchasing, how can I guarantee that I receive a genuine product?
- Purchase new only from an authorized Hondata dealer.
- Be careful when buying a used Hondata system. Verify the images with the above guide before buying.